April 2014 Ask George

Hi George, where do you get your seemingly endless supply of jokes that you post here and on Facebook?

Hi George, where do you get your seemingly endless supply of jokes that you post here and on Facebook?

That's like asking a magician how he performs a trick.
Seriously though John I trawl the internet and if a joke is clean and makes me laugh I share it.I'm proud to say that every now and again I make one up myself.
I love the idea of making people smile.

do you have much Last of the Summer Wine memorabilia George?

Seriously though John I trawl the internet and if a joke is clean and makes me laugh I share it.I'm proud to say that every now and again I make one up myself.

You do more than make me smile :D
And has for only posting clean jokes :35::35:

What makes you laugh, other than Summer Wine?

You do more than make me smile :D
And has for only posting clean jokes :35::35:

What makes you laugh, other than Summer Wine?

I love The old comedy legends of the 20's and 30's,especially Laurel and Hardy.
I also love Morecambe and Wise

do you have much Last of the Summer Wine memorabilia George?

I am hooked on collecting Summer Wine stuff Darren,I have the Danbury mint figures and Jane Hart scenes.I have all the books,mags etc and I have the autographs of 212 actors and extras from the show.I also have a few scripts and other bits and bobs

I am hooked on collecting Summer Wine stuff Darren,I have the Danbury mint figures and Jane Hart scenes.I have all the books,mags etc and I have the autographs of 212 actors and extras from the show.I also have a few scripts and other bits and bobs

good to know you have the Danbury Mint stuff as well as me, have you got the pin collection there currently doing? also have you got the Compo Steiff Bear and the Nora on pre-order as well? how about the 9 plates they've done and the vase? basically the only thing I don't have was those candles they did otherwise I have everything from them

good to know you have the Danbury Mint stuff as well as me, have you got the pin collection there currently doing? also have you got the Compo Steiff Bear and the Nora on pre-order as well? how about the 9 plates they've done and the vase? basically the only thing I don't have was those candles they did otherwise I have everything from them

I have a few of the pins and I'll get round to the other stuff in future Darren.I like the idea of still having things to collect over the next few years.
My pride and joy though are my autographs which I am still adding to all the time.
I hope you manage to get the things you need eventually.

I have a few of the pins and I'll get round to the other stuff in future Darren.I like the idea of still having things to collect over the next few years.
My pride and joy though are my autographs which I am still adding to all the time.
I hope you manage to get the things you need eventually.

the pins are top quality George I love all of them, that's fair enough waiting to collect the stuff if that's what you want, personally I like to get them when I can so I don't miss out, I even have the clock they did and the placemats set they did, it doesn't matter what your pride and joy is as long as you like them, as I say the only thing im missing is the pins not released yet and the Nora bear and that's on pre-order, one of these days I will need a bigger house to put my stuff in ;)

Hello George, so if Wally is your favorite character and Inventor of the 40 Foot Ferret is your favorite episode of the moment, I assume you are big on the earliest years.

What are your thoughts on...
Foggy's first run?
the Seymour era?
Foggy's second run?
thhe Trully years?
the Hobbo years?

Sorry if that is too many questions, but thanks in advance for sharing.

Hello George, so if Wally is your favorite character and Inventor of the 40 Foot Ferret is your favorite episode of the moment, I assume you are big on the earliest years.

What are your thoughts on...
Foggy's first run?
the Seymour era?
Foggy's second run?
thhe Trully years?
the Hobbo years?

Sorry if that is too many questions, but thanks in advance for sharing.

Thank you for asking I'm happy to answer any questions I can.
Yes I love the first 2 series in fact I would say Blamire was my favourite 3rd man.
It took a little while to get used to Brian Wilde in LOTSW after he was in Porridge but he seemed to fit in well with the other two characters.
Seymour was my 2nd favourite 3rd man.His episodes seemed gentler and more relaxed.He seemed to have a good report with both Bill Owen and Peter Sallis.
The 2nd Foggy era he seemed to mellow a little and became more likeable.
I really liked Truly I thought his mischevious way with Compo and Clegg,and later Billy was very endearing.
I felt sorry for Russ Abbott because instead of a nice gentle introduction he was thrown straight into the deep end as a main character and it just didn't seem right.Like when Stella walked out of Nora's house for the first time it felt wrong

Seymour was my 2nd favourite 3rd man.His episodes seemed gentler and more relaxed.He seemed to have a good report with both Bill Owen and Peter Sallis.

I especially like the first few Seymour episodes. It seemed like his character wasn't completely refined yet and he was more of a wild, friendly inventor type. By the middle of the first Series with Seymour it seemed like he became a bit of a snobbish headmaster type. I like all of Seymour but especially liked his more affable episodes.

You mentioned you like comedy from the 20's and 30's. Do you watch any WC Fields? If not, I HIGHLY recommend watching the film, It's a Gift.

And lastly, what other sitcoms do you like?

I especially like the first few Seymour episodes. It seemed like his character wasn't completely refined yet and he was more of a wild, friendly inventor type. By the middle of the first Series with Seymour it seemed like he became a bit of a snobbish headmaster type. I like all of Seymour but especially liked his more affable episodes.

You mentioned you like comedy from the 20's and 30's. Do you watch any WC Fields? If not, I HIGHLY recommend watching the film, It's a Gift.

And lastly, what other sitcoms do you like?

I will watch 'The Gift' thanks for the recommendation.
I loved First of the Summer Wine and among my favourite comedy shows are I Didn't Know You Cared,Open All Hours,Red Dwarf and I enjoyed a series with Timothy West called 'Brass'

Hi George. What other hobbies do you enjoy. Do you like listening to music. Who do you like.

Over the last 10 years or so I seem to have lost interest in music.I used to like metal with Guns n Roses were my favourite band.
I'm hoping to get back to watercolour painting.I wasn't very good but I did enjoy it and I once sold a picture I did for a fiver.

Back