Anyone want one of Edie's Cars

I think @Graham is the expert, but am I right in thinking this was the most used of the 3 Heralds in the series?
I think the one Graham has is the most used Triumph, I think this one did not start off as a convertible, but was converted into one, it made it a little wider in the back seats giving the 3 ladies who often sat in the back a bit more room

Morning all. WRH132J is the ORIGINAL car used in LOTSW & made it's 1st appearance in Big day at Dream acres & many episodes thereafter. They worked it to death & brought in CXE604J for the latter episodes. Other stunt cars were used. Here's a few on screen shots of mine, carrying a Heavy load!

Attachments

• IMG-20210526-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210526-WA0007.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20210526-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20210526-WA0006.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20210526-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210526-WA0005.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20210526-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210526-WA0004.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
Morning all. WRH132J is the ORIGINAL car used in LOTSW & made it's 1st appearance in Big day at Dream acres & many episodes thereafter. They worked it to death & brought in CXE604J for the latter episodes. Other stunt cars were used. Here's a few on screen shots of mine, carrying a Heavy load!

It was used in "Edie and the Automobile" in series 9 where Edie was having driving lessons. Big Day at Dream Acres was the next Christmas special the following December. So the first appearance of the car was actually "Edie and the Automobile"

I have to say this is my favorite Herald of the series (sorry Graham!) I personally just love the shark fin lights at the back. If I had a garage I'd seriously consider bidding for it, but I don't think a car of this age would weather the outdoors for long :frown2:

The soft tops are definitely not watertight. Dry weather use is preferable. I'd like to bid on it aswell but can't justify two. You can only drive one at a time although I could do a Compo & put one on each foot.

The soft tops are definitely not watertight. Dry weather use is preferable. I'd like to bid on it aswell but can't justify two. You can only drive one at a time although I could do a Compo & put one on each foot.
Perhaps just keep an eye on the auction, I've seen cars go for really low prices if the bidders aren't there and the reserve is set low. You'd only need one more for the Holy Trinity of Triumphs!!!!!

I dont know the true identity of the 1200 model that used with duplicate plates but one shot got through which shows the first two genuine letters of that car. GJ* ****

Attachments

• IMG-20210526-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210526-WA0009.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for that info Roger. How do you know that? It checks out as a '66 red Herald on the DVLA but no mot history. Lets hope it's still around. I'm in a Triumph club so now I can do a bit more digging & hopefully track it down. Cheers.

Here's another screenshot, it's still not very easy to see, but if you watch The Glory Hole on TV you can see it better.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 19
Back