Anyone remember 1962

I was born the following January and my dad had to bicycle through that to see me for the first time.
18 years later I'm in labour with my daughter and the hospital rang to say the ambulance was having trouble getting to me though the snow so I got an idea how mother had stressed while having me! Fun days !

The depth of snow in the photo looks like what I recall from my childhood. Somehow, the teacher in our one-room country school almost always managed to drive the ten miles out from her home in town, so we had very few snow days.

1962 was the year I graduated from high school. I was very happy to stop riding the school bus, especially in winter. Our road wasn't very wide, so not a lot of room for controlling a skid.

The depth of snow in the photo looks like what I recall from my childhood. Somehow, the teacher in our one-room country school almost always managed to drive the ten miles out from her home in town, so we had very few snow days.

1962 was the year I graduated from high school. I was very happy to stop riding the school bus, especially in winter. Our road wasn't very wide, so not a lot of room for controlling a skid.
It wasn't 1962, but late 60's and it was snowing hard and they let school out early. The lady bus driver shouted "My hearts in my mouth" at the top of her lungs as she drove through the snow.

Back