Anyone found they are busier DURING the lockdown than before it?

imitation700mb

Dedicated Member
I have. In normal circumstances I usually don't have much to do at home, but I've been much busier than normal. I have done many jobs there would be no need for otherwise. I'll make a list. I have:

Used up an afternoon making up an online shopping order. (Which incidentally, can't be delivered for the foreseeable)
Used up another afternoon starting direct debits to pay our council tax and water bills since we can't get out, as we usually pay them in the bank.
Quite a few times, I have been collecting shopping from other people who have kindly bought it for us.
Kept up to date with Emails to and from friends, family and people from our church, which we would normally not have sent..
We've also been reading our local newspaper online instead of our usual paper copy.
Not to mention the weekly Clap for our Carers.

Anyone else found themselves much busier in the lockdown than they normally would have been?

I'm busier only because it distracts me from the fact I haven't seen my kids or grandkids for 6 weeks, we're on the House party app every other day but it's not the same. My house is spotless, my draws are clean and tidy, my airing cupboard is freshly painted with new shelving and well organised. My laundry is none existent as is the ironing and I now have new flower boxes and a patio space in the garden. My daughters allotment has new fencing and weedless, the driveway is clean and scrubbed I could go on. Him in doors walks a lot more but he says that's because every time he sits down I'm shooing him off to straighten the cushions so it's easier to just keep walking. I think we're all just doing what we can to get through this but I keep in mind I love my family and if cleaning out the sheds and ninja dusting keeps them safe then I'll do it all again tomorrow. Stay safe everyone.

I can't say I have been any busier , everything is tidy , the only outstanding job is repainting the stair banister rail after a spectacular failure having painted it with that awful non drip water based gloss which means when you polish it the duster gets residue of the paint on it . I have sanded it down and its ready to paint [having secured some proper oil based gloss before lockdown] but that will take me 60 minutes tops. Having retired a few years back I have a well developed routine which has been curbed because I cant go anywhere but I have lots of entertaining things to watch, read and listen too plus I am extremely lucky to have a garden . The biggest miss for me are my guided Heritage walks around Newcastle and the Coast which clearly cannot take place at present so philosophically I have just had to settle for reading books about the area .

However, all of this pales into insignificance when you consider the tragedy this awful pandemic has caused in this country and across the world . I would gladly give up everything if the suffering and distress just ceased. :(

The toll it's taken is horrendous, to think that in 5 short months millions of people have died or been infected by this is virus is staggering. I know people that have had and survived thank goodness but we're all going to impacted by this in one form or another.

I'm busier only because it distracts me from the fact I haven't seen my kids or grandkids for 6 weeks, we're on the House party app every other day but it's not the same. My house is spotless, my draws are clean and tidy, my airing cupboard is freshly painted with new shelving and well organised. My laundry is none existent as is the ironing and I now have new flower boxes and a patio space in the garden. My daughters allotment has new fencing and weedless, the driveway is clean and scrubbed I could go on. Him in doors walks a lot more but he says that's because every time he sits down I'm shooing him off to straighten the cushions so it's easier to just keep walking. I think we're all just doing what we can to get through this but I keep in mind I love my family and if cleaning out the sheds and ninja dusting keeps them safe then I'll do it all again tomorrow. Stay safe everyone.

I will say I'm not missing my family, as I am living with Mum and Dad for the duration and I haven't got any more family left to miss really. We seem to be closer than ever in spirit, and distance, this past few weeks. I'm just hoping we can soon have some idea when and how we will be getting out of the lockdown.

I have kept busy by cleaning inside and out all my computer equipment, giving it a Good blast of air inside, for those who have never done this you would be surprised how much dust and muck gets inside the case, especially if you have pets, this build up is helped by any fans inside the case,even the most basic PC case Will have 3 or 4 fans inside, none of this build up will help your computer, it will start to run a lot hotter, worst case it could cause failure.
Early this year I bought a Air duster, see link below, though currently the price is very High,I paid less than half this price for mine. Do not use ordinary compressed air as it contains a certain amount of moisture unless it has a moisture trap.

I have kept busy by cleaning inside and out all my computer equipment, giving it a Good blast of air inside, for those who have never done this you would be surprised how much dust and muck gets inside the case, especially if you have pets, this build up is helped by any fans inside the case,even the most basic PC case Will have 3 or 4 fans inside, none of this build up will help your computer, it will start to run a lot hotter, worst case it could cause failure.
Early this year I bought a Air duster, see link below, though currently the price is very High,I paid less than half this price for mine. Do not use ordinary compressed air as it contains a certain amount of moisture unless it has a moisture trap.

Hmm, I wonder if I ought to do that with my combined DVD/VHS machine?

Back