Any Tommy Steele fans?

Babs

Dedicated Member
I was just wondering if anyone here besides me is a Tommy Steele fan. I can picture him singing and dancing his way around Holmfirth! He's been one of my favorites for many years, and I joined a Tommy Steele fan club on yahoo.

Never bought his records Babs but enjoyed his music, both love songs and comedy(Little White Bull ;)) Mind you I was about 15 or so when I first heard him ;D

Yes, Babs. He has done so many things over the years, but because he has never been in the headlines for drug taking or multiple marriages he tends to be forgotten. He must be about my age now. He has more energy than me.

See him on stage in Norwich a few years back now. He could still belt them out with the vigour he had when he was younger. Great show.

I saw him at christmas at the London Palladium playing Scrooge and he was fantastic, still very nimble he must be knocking on now, but he was fab

I would love to see him in Scrooge! He's been doing that every Christmas season for quite a while now. As for his age, he was 76 in December! I first became "acquainted" with him way way back in 1968, when he was in Disney's "The Happiest Millionaire."

I would love to see him in Scrooge! He's been doing that every Christmas season for quite a while now. As for his age, he was 76 in December! I first became "acquainted" with him way way back in 1968, when he was in Disney's "The Happiest Millionaire."

Went to the pictures to see that :)

Liked the way Tommy Steele developed as an all round entertainer. Another in that mould is Billy Connolly, (Big Yin).

I recall the very early days when Tommy Steele "covered" Guy Mitchell's "Singing the Blues" and they were vying for the #1 slot. I was on Guy Mitchell's side - I always favour the originator and I preferred his version.

Recall many arguements about Tommy Steele (and later Cliff Richard) v Elvis Presley. Always was an Elvis man. Felt his deep south origins made him a far more natural singer of the genre than the other two.

Now, there's me sticking my neck out.

Liked the way Tommy Steele developed as an all round entertainer. Another in that mould is Billy Connolly, (Big Yin).

I recall the very early days when Tommy Steele "covered" Guy Mitchell's "Singing the Blues" and they were vying for the #1 slot. I was on Guy Mitchell's side - I always favour the originator and I preferred his version.

Recall many arguements about Tommy Steele (and later Cliff Richard) v Elvis Presley. Always was an Elvis man. Felt his deep south origins made him a far more natural singer of the genre than the other two.

Now, there's me sticking my neck out.
CLIFF COVERED "SINGIN THE BLUES " BUT HIS ONLY MADE No 40 :-\

According to Wikipedia it is Rhi. Its also been hi jacked by at least 3 sets of premier league supporters. ;)

Back