Any Steam Fans Out there

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
On Sunday 28th April two A4 Pacifics are due in York station pulling main line steam, the Union of South Africa will arrive in York from Scotland, this will be swapped to Sir Nigel Gresley to pull the train south to London,I am not sure at what time this will happen and I hope to find this out tomorrow,all being well I hope to see this rare event,Terry

Now where is my LNER cap :D

Have a look here: http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t13/t0428a.htm

Current information I have on Great Britain VI train is arrive York 16:33 behind 60009 Union of South Africa. Depart 17:05 behind 60019 Bittern (in whatever guise she is currently masquerading though I think at the moment she has her LNER number 4464).

3-17 July 2013 you will have six A4s in the Museum celebrating Mallard 75:
http://www.nrm.org.uk/PlanaVisit/Events/mallard75.aspx

I have tickets for a early morning preview of the 6 A4's on the turntable at York in July

Let's see if this works. A wee video I took of 60009, Union of South Africa pulling in to Inverkeithing Station. I think it will show the video if you double-click on it.

Watering at New Mills beside the Forth estuary in Fife.

DSCF0909_zps4c479486.jpg

:) it's Fred Dibnahs old engine, renamed after he died, taken at Astle Park steam fair last year.

What wonderful pictures Steam Engines seemed so alive like huge powerful animals. I remember as a child and young adult the excitement, the sounds and smells, every time I travelled on one was an adventure !! or am I looking back with rose tinted spectacles ! I hope not

ok ferret, thanks anyway, to be honest that was the only Astle i knew

We really like getting the steam train from Oxenhope
on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. Neat
pub car and all. Not your big ten-wheelers, but
nice enough.

Big Unc

thanks for the photos/video - good to see

Living where I do I regularly hear the sound of steam each week-end - especially in the summer when outdoors as the Worth Valley trains have to pull up a gradient out of Keighley.

Back