Any other Cricket fans ??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I have been watching the Word Cup Cricket. I have had to watch it with the sound off most of the time. There are innumerable shots of the crowd and they all seem to be there , not for the cricket , but to get themselves on the telly ! They appear to want to climb inside the camera. I know my age, means I started watching in a more relaxed age but the screaming and yelling and as I say just to be on telly is irritating to say the least !!:20::33:

Dick, you are a man after my own heart. Like you, I cannot stand the sound of overzealous fans and having to see a multitude of wide open cake holes displaying the owner's tonsils and what they had for dinner. I also think that sport has gone interview mad. Half the programme seems to be interviews with personalities past their best. I like cricket but watch it in silence.:37::37::37::37::37::37::37::37::37::37::37::37:. Enough already.

I used to like watching test match cricket on TV but with the sound off and with commentary provided by the radio in the glory days of Brian Johnson and of course Blowers [Henry Blofeld] which tended to stray off in all directions .

Back