any other 50cc fans?

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
hi just wondered if there are any other lotsw fans who also like 50cc scooters or mopeds! i used to ride a honda melody as a 14 year old around a field and now at 40 have got back into them as a toy / hobby.currently have a 1978 50cc orange Honda Express and a 1981 Honda Melody in white with just 1,000 miles on it from new! did have a 2001 malaguti f-12 phantom ducati / foggy replica rare 1 of only 500 made and a Norman Nippy mark 1 from 1956! got a soft spot for the honda's! Cheers!

I wouldn't say i'm a fan of 50cc mopeds, although i can remember my dad having a Norman nippy in the early 60's to go to work on, he used to have a medicine bottle of petrol in the saddle bag, "just in case" he ran out of juice.
My first (road legal) bike was a 1964 Honda C100, the 50cc scooterette that was very popular until quite recently.
My mum bought it me for my 16th birthday in 1970 but i only had it a few months, until i could afford a real bike, a 1962 BSA C15 that i bought off a mate for £45.
I'm sure the moped in "The Phantom" was a Honda Melody, i think they were all orange weren't they?
Anyway, after 40-odd years i'm still biking, presently on a 2008 Triumph Thruxton 900.

G ; )

Back