Another New Railcam

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
It is worth visiting www.railcam.uk, if you register you can view some of the cameras without payment, they have added several in the USA and this pictures is a screen grab of the new camera on the Spa Valley Railway

SVR.jpg

Have just watched the first programme about the N Y M R on Channel 5 .It was very interesting and informative. It is now on my bucket list.:03:
Watched that Dick. Excellent viewing. Run by dedicated volunteers, lots of problems to deal with this week.

Have just watched the first programme about the N Y M R on Channel 5 .It was very interesting and informative. It is now on my bucket list.:03:

I have done the trip a few time, the last one was a full round trip to Whitby, was good value for money for 4 hours on the train on what was a bad weather day, it was nice to be in a warm carriage enjoying the views

I had the greatest pleasure in purchasing tickets for two friends , a Mother and Son , tragically now both deceased, to celebrate the Mother's 80th Birthday on the Pulman Dining carriage . I drove them down and I just hung around at Grosmont not only watching the rolling stock but looking around the village and experiencing a lovely lunch for myself in the Station Tavern until the train returned a few hours later .

It was such a thrill for the Mother and the Son , he was a train fanatic and I recall him buying up half the gift shop , my car boot was full . Sadly the Mother passed away a matter of months later and the Son two years ago but in the time I spent with them subsequent to the trip they always mentioned it with great affection. It is a testimony to all the patrons and especially the volunteers who keep this institution running and long may it carry on .

Last edited:
With the extreme weather that we are supposed to be getting as the years roll by, they should be planning another route to be able to bypass this, the powers did discuss this after it was closed for some time last year but said once fixed it would no longer be a problem, last year it was several weeks that beyond Dawlish there was no rail services at all, I believe it all stopped at Exeter, cutting off rail travel for most of Devon and Cornwall, they said it would cost a lot to do this and cannot justify the money, yet they can build HS2 to save a few minutes on a journey which is currently served very well

I don't think it was too serious Terry , enough to stop trains on the day , but I was on the webcam today and saw two high speed trains pass the webcam .

I hope they get sufficient visitors to make it profitable sadly with the weather they lost valuable income at the weekend I know they are probably adding extra trains on . You would hope that people who have cancelled can make it back for the experience and what was revenue does not turn into refunds , with a lot of people working during the week sadly it may .

I watched it depart Dick, it did not look that busy with lots of space in the carriages, maybe the weather has put people off

Had a quick look at Dawlish Beach a few times over the last few days and clearly it has calmed down since the sea breached the wall a couple of days back .

View attachment 2081

I was a member but they started to warn the site will be blocked if you use ad blocker,told them I did not expect to pay and watch adverts,managed to get a refund, compared to railcam.uk they were twice the price for a just a few cameras and now they want to push adverts

Hello Terry,

I just jumped on the site below there are a couple of 30 second adverts then it cuts to the Camera by the rail line no hint of any prospective charges please try it out for yourself.

https://www.dawlishbeach.com/cameras/free-cameras/the-blenheim-cam/

I expect to get them when watching for free, but not when I am paying subs,so from April if you run ad-blocker you will not be able to watch for free, just tried the free link with ad-blocker,no adverts but a warning

Back