Annoying Guest Stars

George

Super Moderator
Who was your most irritating/annooying guest star in the series?
I think mine would be George Chakiris in Extra,extra.

Have to agree about George Chakiris and to be honest ive no idea who he is or what he does/did or whatever.

Hector

Hm, I don´t know any of the guest stars, but I agree with your choice, this man was really annoying. Perhaps most of you will kill me now, but sometimes (not all the time) I also found Norman Wisdom a bit over the top. But then I didn´t know him over here before, it´s probably a sacrilege to you ;).

He was in West Side Story?? Wow, thank you for letting us know, George!
But that doesn´t change my opinion about the most annoying guest star, lol.

The picture from 633Sq rings a bell(thanks George)and my opinion still stands.

Although not a guest star,i was glad to see the end of Mr Wainwright played by Blake Butler

Hector.

Kenneth MacDonald in Forked Lightening got on my nerves a bit with his "singing"
glad to say his acting improved a lot by the time he was in Only Fools and Horses and It aint half hot mum.

I agree about Blake Butler, I always found his character a touch embarrassing :-[.
I also found the young man a little annoying in The new Mobile Trio, I don´t know his name, his character´s name was Walter. The one who tried to sell them this old banger. But I think it´s not so easy to tell apart wether you find the character annoying or the actor, perhaps they just act their annoying parts so well...

That was Ronald Lacey who played Walter.He did a lot of acting in diferent things like Porridge,Randal and Hopkirk(deceased) a nd he also appeared in films like India Jones.I tend to remember him playing mostly "baddies" and unsavoury type characters and i think he was rather good at them.

I loved the little old lady in that episode as she seemed absolutely fearless ;D

Hector

Kenneth MacDonald in Forked Lightening got on my nerves a bit with his "singing"
glad to say his acting improved a lot by the time he was in Only Fools and Horses and It aint half hot mum.

I would have to agree with this I really found the whole singing scene to be utterly cringeworthy, but I agree, he did come in trumps with his acting ability in later roles.

I'm not a huge fan of Bobby Ball appearing in the series either.

Thank you, Hector, I didn´t know him at all (how would I, being in Germany?). I agree about the old lady, and her voice, ahhh ;D!

That was Ronald Lacey who played Walter.He did a lot of acting in different things like Porridge,Randal and Hopkirk(deceased) a nd he also appeared in films like India Jones.I tend to remember him playing mostly "baddies" and unsavoury type characters and i think he was rather good at them.

I loved the little old lady in that episode as she seemed absolutely fearless ;D

Hector

I think Ronald Lacey portrayed the type very well - what you have to ask is it the character or the actor? As **** put it ....

... But I think it's not so easy to tell apart wether you find the character annoying or the actor, perhaps they just act their annoying parts so well...

I agree about Blake Butler, I always found his character a touch embarrassing :-[.

I suspect that this is the same problem as Blake Butler was a good actor with a number of roles to his credit: I think he died in about 1981.

The picture from 633Sq rings a bell(thanks George)and my opinion still stands.

Although not a guest star,i was glad to see the end of Mr Wainwright played by Blake Butler

Hector.
I agree with you about the end of Mr. Wainwright.

Ronald Lacey also appeared in an episode of Sherlock Holmes in 1987 "The sign of four" as twins: Thadeus and Bartholomew Sholto.
A very accomplished actor, i quite like him: http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=9702

(thanks for the link to the above site George, very informative).

Blake Butler also played the part of Mainwarings superior in an episode of Dads Army, although he isn't credited on it on: http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=19753

Back to the plot then: i'm afraid i have to agree with ****, it has to be Norman Wisdom, i've always found him to funny to laugh at, if you get my drift?

G ; )

Any one agree with me about Mark Curry being " wooden" in his part?? ???

Perhaps most of you will kill me now, but sometimes (not all the time) I also found Norman Wisdom a bit over the top. But then I didn´t know him over here before, it´s probably a sacrilege to you ;).

I would agree with you, except the one episode that won me over with him was the episode where they gathered in the Library for either a poetry reading or other and he did that song about having several wives (I think) which as it went on would get a growing chuckle from me.

I agree with you about the end of Mr. Wainwright.

But was he related to Auntie Wainwright?
Surely not . . . ::)

actually some have suggested that Wainwright's philandering was also to be seen in Howard who was Auntie's nephew and thus possibly a nephew to the librarian? Although Wainwright is not that uncommon a surname and there need not be any connection ....
Let's just say they're not related. Howard and Auntie don't need to have a crazy relation or do they?

Back