Animals and Birds

J

jrt2345

What are your favourites, or do you just love them? Discuss here.

I like Cats as animals best, and Robins as birds best.

What about you?

I love cats. We had a rescue cat, Parker. Hwas a good old pal. As for birds, kites are fab to watch. I like sparrows. I think my favourites are the buzzards that circle over the mountains here.

I am a nature lover, including all birds and animals.

I researched a little and it appears that you don't have Blue Jays in the UK. Most northern U.S. birds are variations of browns and grays. However, Blue Jays look like they belong in tropical islands or the Amazon with their bright blue feathers. This is especially with the variations of blues in their patterned wings and tail. They are absolutely beautiful.

Also, am I correct that you don't have cardinals either??? Last year we were fortunate enough to have a mother and father cardinal build a nest right on a tree right outside our bedroom window. We would wake up to the babies chirping. The mother and father sure didn't like it when I had to mow the lawn.

In terms of zoo experiences, nothing beats a large group of river otters or small penguins during play time!

The most significant real life animal experiences comes from my Kenyan safari. While we were standing outside the tour bus and Vervet Monkey actually got in the bus and unzipped someone's back pack and reached for the belongings!

And seeing the Hippos and Crocodiles in the zoos is nothing like seeing them in their natural habitat! They are MUCH larger. It was like watching dinosaurs splashing in the water!

When I lived in Canada we had all sorts of birds in our garden, Cardinals, BlueJays, north American Robins. I prefer the small european ones. I loved them all but there was a small problem with them as they use to pick on my berries. The squirrels were a pest also.

Dogs are my favourite as they are loyal. Our son has a cat only 2 years old but he loves to bite and not too friendly. He had him since he was a baby.

When I lived in Canada we had all sorts of birds in our garden, Cardinals, BlueJays, north American Robins. I prefer the small european ones. I loved them all but there was a small problem with them as they use to pick on my berries. The squirrels were a pest also.

Dogs are my favourite as they are loyal. Our son has a cat only 2 years old but he loves to bite and not too friendly. He had him since he was a baby.

I didn't realize we had such a difference in birds between the UK and US. I assumed due to the climate and landscape they were generally similar. When I used to watch Dom Joly's Trigger Happy TV, I noticed England had the same types of ducks and geese as we do here.

I´m a nature lover too, I love them all, except spiders. I like cats too, and robins are probably my favourite birds too, but my special favourites are frogs!

I love cats, I spent a few years trying to befriend a neighbours siamese . It didn't want to know me!! ??? Another neighbours moggie was all over me when I was around . No accounting for taste eh?? ;D

Cats are my favorite house pets...we currently have 2 rescues and we all get along
pretty well. California Quail are my favorite birds and fortunately we have
at least 2 families on our property. I also like the Idaho Bluebird. We feed
quite an array of little birds in the winter, however, this morning I saw a very
large bird behind the barn so I expect there won't be too many little birds this
winter. Ah well......

Back