Andrew Vines book & Delays

Re: Andrew Vines book & Delays

Amazon or DHL spelled it Eggham, but yeah Egham is in Surrey which is west of London.

Now that you all have received your book by now what do you think of it? I think that it is well put together and a very interesting read and it sort of brings you closer to the characters with a better understanding of how Roy Clarke moulded them to perfection. Brilliant

Yes I now have mine - read cover to cover. Never realised how much angst there was on location.

Have had my copy a while, but I wanted to finish a few others
before I started so I would not be interrupted. Finally
started today.

Only about 20 page in, but WOW! Wonderful writing and
great insight. Wife and I are watching one ep a night, and
are well into the Seymour years. But much further into
this book and I will want to start from the Pilot again.

Ordered mine from Amazon yesterday for £11.33, although it's £12.39. on Play.com, where i normaly get my Summer Wine DVD's from.
Looking forward to a good read.

G ; )

My wife bought me mine last week from waterstones for nearly £20, just started to read it today though, very interesting indeed. I was curious about internet prices so checked out amazon etc its on ebay for 9.99. my wifes not happy now. :D

My wife bought me mine last week from waterstones for nearly £20, just started to read it today though, very interesting indeed. I was curious about internet prices so checked out amazon etc its on ebay for 9.99. my wifes not happy now. :D

Yeah, a bit odd how the price differs from place to place, wonder why that is?

Anyway, mine turned up in the post today at 11.00am, so full amrks to Amazon for a very speedy delivery, it's the first time i've ever ordered anything from them, very impressed.

I'm at page 150, the vintage years and i agree with you James, a very interesting insight into the programme and the actors, i won't go into detail because some members may not yet have got their copy but you get my drift, i'm sure.

G ; )

I just did a search on Play.com, where i buy my Summer wine DVD's.
It's not quite available on Play just yet but there is a review on the site...of which i found contained a mistake, so i have contacted them with the correction.
Have a read and see if you can spot the mistake...no prize i'm afraid, i'm skint!

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/14367418/Last-of-the-Summer-Wine/Product.html

G ; )

It has "Programme" and should say "Series".... ;D

Yeah, a bit odd how the price differs from place to place, wonder why that is?

Anyway, mine turned up in the post today at 11.00am, so full amrks to Amazon for a very speedy delivery, it's the first time i've ever ordered anything from them, very impressed.

I'm at page 150, the vintage years and i agree with you James, a very interesting insight into the programme and the actors, i won't go into detail because some members may not yet have got their copy but you get my drift, i'm sure.

G ; )

Just ordered my copy, does the last 5 years get much of a mention?

[/quote] Just ordered my copy, does the last 5 years get much of a mention? [/quote]

Eveything gets mentioned, including the last five years.

G ; )

I've read the book twice now and will highly recommend it to those LOTSW fans who haven't got a copy yet. I lent my copy to my mother in law who also recommends it. fantastic read.

Very much a good read with some more revelations that some knew about ruffled feathers but news to soem of us.

However one thoguht occurs to me abiout the apparent coolness between the principals - I do wonder how many of us would take that kindly to being cooped up for a few months with comparitive strangers and for there not to be the odd tension? For those with a partner never had a moment or two of tension?

Got the book as an early Birthday pressie yesterday and haven`t been able to put it down , fantastic read.

My book came in the mail today. Can't wait to get started reading...

Loved reading it
anyone know why Keith clifford left?

Absolutely loved the book, will read again soon, the chapter "see ya comp" is very moving, superb writing, best book I have read for ages.

That´s true, Robin. When I read Peter Sallis came to visit Bill very often and was also there when they told him he had died, this was in my imagination so similar to the scene in the episode when the doctor comes out that I couldn´t stand it and burst into tears again.

Back