And the "Withernsea Open" Winner is ....Norman Clegg ??????.

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
Now we all know Foggy's favourite sporting pastime was "Goff"....sorry....I mean "Golf"....BUT......did following Foggy for 18 holes [from dawn till dark !!!!],with his kinky niblick have an effect on Norman ????....BECAUSE...when our festive trio were traveling to the beautiful cottage with sea views [ well done Foggy !!!!!] Cleggy had a half set of clubs over his shoulder........[not a kink in any of them !!!!!]
Could he have been having secret lessons from those lovely ladies who walked past Compo and him outside the goff club....sorry...I mean golf club ?????....in preparation for the "Withersea Open".......18 holes...flat as a pancake......just 1 big bunker.
I know...you ae all right...I have FAR too much time on my hands !!.
X!

Now we all know Foggy's favourite sporting pastime was "Goff"....sorry....I mean "Golf"....BUT......did following Foggy for 18 holes [from dawn till dark !!!!],with his kinky niblick have an effect on Norman ????....BECAUSE...when our festive trio were traveling to the beautiful cottage with sea views [ well done Foggy !!!!!] Cleggy had a half set of clubs over his shoulder........[not a kink in any of them !!!!!]
Could he have been having secret lessons from those lovely ladies who walked past Compo and him outside the goff club....sorry...I mean golf club ?????....in preparation for the "Withersea Open".......18 holes...flat as a pancake......just 1 big bunker.
X!
That is very observant of you Moody. The bunker at Withernsea would not have required a sand wedge, a dredger would have been more appropriate. o_O ...FORE. I think that in Foggy's case the call should be ... FORE, SIDEWAYS & AFT.

The bunker at Withernsea would not have required a sand wedge

I played golf for a number of years I always thought taking a bucket and spade was always the answer to being trapped in a bunker because for sure I was never going to get out and making some pot pies was more fun. [ As a joke I once took a bucket and spade along to one of our Corporate golf days and strapped it to my golf trolley and it did raise some smiles and laughs]

Second prize goes to Barry for all the times he embarrassed himself on the golf course raising the Golf Captain's ire. Especially that time a smoky pall settled over the golf course, the threesome plus came out of the woods obviously having caused it, and happily gave Barry a cheery "How do."

X!
I guess he was carrying them for Foggy

I guess he was carrying them for Foggy

I doubt it, because when Foggy throws his tantrum in the waiting room and throws everyone else's luggage out, the golf clubs are included.

Honestly, having Clegg with clubs has always struck me as a mistake. He's clearly very anti-Golf in the "Kink in . . . " episode. Its possible that somebody when they were filming just threw those in as something people would take on holiday, not thinking about the previous episode. They don't play any real role in the episode so Clarke likely didn't even write that into the script specifically.

X!
Actually, weren't golf courses originally set in sort of a waste land next to the sea? And isn't that's why golf courses have sand traps? So Clegg carrying clubs for a fun time at the seashore kind of makes sense.

Back