And a Dewhurst up a fir tree

minxie

Dedicated Member
I just found this episode on U tube, I never had heard of it before, It was really good, I enjoyed watching Ivy and Nora teaching Compo a lesson for all his goosing antics.

its a very good episode minxie, i had never seen it till i brought the 5 & 6 dvd in 2007, i love the whole idea of Foggy planning to shop early for christmas, typical Foggy i think, i love the scene in Cleggs front room with the projector about last christmas, always makes me laugh at the trios reactions in that scene

I just found this episode on U tube, I never had heard of it before, It was really good, I enjoyed watching Ivy and Nora teaching Compo a lesson for all his goosing antics.

Watched it last night after Small tune on a penny wassial.Great episode

I remember watching Fir Tree for the first time, I loved it. It seems almost sort of out of place a wee bit, but in a good way. One of my favorites.

One of my favorites and i also had not seen it until i got the DVD set.
The only part i'm not keen on, is the scene in the card shop, Compo seems to overdo it yet again with the "angry gasman" gag and chasing Nora, not really sure why she needed to be in there to be honest.

G ; )

dewhurst up a fir tree has one of my favourite all time line....when foggy supposedly buys an area of woodland from a bloke at the bar and the other pair ask what is his name....eric comes the reply.....eric who ?they ask....pause.....big eric !!!!....makes me laugh every time :D

Not only one of my favorite Christmas episodes, but one of my favorite LOTSW episodes of all-time. It never gets old to see Foggy fall for some scam and get duped out of his money. I thought it funny that he thought he could get rich and drive a Rolls Royce from a plot of 100 trees! Then, when he frantically tried to swat bugs from the trees, that made it all the more funny.

iCompo(to Sid):Your tea tastes like weasel pee 'n al
Sid:I'll give you weasel pee
Compo:I wish you would but you keep charging us for it

Also like Ivy's line about old vests making great dusters.

Back