ancestry research

Beth

Dedicated Member
Are there others searching.their ancestry. I have actually had my DNA done and found that that my ancestors are only 10 percemtt English as the records stop in the 1700's
It shows I am half Scandinavian which doesn't match what I have found so far on paper. I think it is all fasimating realizing that your history is not what you think it is.

I love family roots. I have most of the info about my Dad's side of the family dating back to my great great grandparents. Plus I learnt all the dramas about them and naughty bits etc..

Yes I have fun finding out things even when it is not above board. It is those family members that fascinate me. :D

Have you ever just not been able to find any record?

I've been on ancestry.com and found some ancestors going back several hundred years to Scotland. There were a few Lords, so I was quite excited!

We have our family researched back to Ireland during the potato famine, not as much on our Italian side, only have records of them back from about late 1800's. Amazing that when people travelled so far from their homelands, they brought so little of their family info with them. I'm afraid no Lords or Royalty in our family.

I know you may think I am strange but I thought I responded to Babes but it is not there

Anyway I believe my findings are, on my dad's side, indicating we were from Vikings. I am sure we were the friendly Vikings....more like Robin Hood. (SMILE)

HowardandMarina doesn't it also make you wonder how our ancestors survived!

I know you may think I am strange but I thought I responded to Babes but it is not there.

You may have done what I've done Beth. I would type my post ,preview it then move on thinking that I had posted . :-[

To find out about my family I had many conversations with my Aunt.. It was amazing how much she knew. She was the family historian. She trusted me with things that no one knew about because she felt that I should be the next historian.

Worse than that I accodently sent it to Bab's personal email
She emailed me back with the message I originally sent. I use a iae a phone to post but my eyes are not what they use to be. (smile) Thanks for sharing. I am glad i am not the only one who doesn't goof.

Back