An Idiot Abroad

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
I was just curious about what my Brit Brethren here thinks of the show An Idiot Abroad. In the States it actually comes on a history channel (I think), which is odd. I did a little result on Wikipedia and found that Karl Pilkington, Ricky Gervais, and Stephen Merchant were all part of a radio show.

Personally I would have loved to have heard that, but perhaps for a lot of you they represent the "new comedy direction of the BBC". I don't know, I am oblivious to those things.

Anyway, my wife and I really get a kick out of the show. I love Karl Pilkington and I am pretty sure his "on air stupidity" is just an act. Personally I think the Egypt and Alaska episodes are the best. Clips of Russia (the train) and camping in the Amazon are great too!.

It seems I'm always the first one to come and disagree with you ;D

But the title says it all for me, I worry that we're seen has a nation of moaners when it comes to travel. I refuse to go to Spain because from what I can see we've turned into another Briton with the cafes serving English food and the bars serving English beer. I don't see the point of going!

I have seen a couple of episodes and cringed all the way though. You watch Michael Palin, he's very good. :)

It seems I'm always the first one to come and disagree with you ;D

But the title says it all for me, I worry that we're seen has a nation of moaners when it comes to travel. I refuse to go to Spain because from what I can see we've turned into another Briton with the cafes serving English food and the bars serving English beer. I don't see the point of going!

I have seen a couple of episodes and cringed all the way though. You watch Michael Palin, he's very good. :)

I understand what you are saying. Then again, I believe Karl Pilkington is playing a subtle role of a "low energy, dim-witted" person. He is intentionally not charismatic. It certainly isn't for everyone!

On the other hand Susan, I believe we agree on quite a lot! Just not everything.

I understand what your saying Codfanglers, it just make me cringe. :D

But you should see Michael Palin that's how I like to see travel progames. :)

Back