American tv shows

amos hames

Dedicated Member
With Dallas returning to our screens is there anyone who are fans of American dramas such as Cold Case or Csi New York.

With Dallas returning to our screens is there anyone who are fans of American dramas such as Cold Case or Csi New York.

we have been watching a lot more US TV in the last year,the UK offerings are so bad that I looked at what they have to offer,I will not give sky money just to watch a lot of stuff we have already paid for,so I have had sent over some trail shows and if we enjoy them we get more,NCIS + LA,Burn Notice,Perception,The Closer,CSI,Hawaii Five O remake,Alcatraz,Warehouse 13,Fringe,Longmire and the list goes on,some of it you have to take with a pinch of salt,but in most you can loose yourself in for 45 mins and they offer some good entertainment,which is lot more than can be said for 90% of what we get offered on our main channels these days,most days now in 24 hours on the BBC 1, we get about 1 hour of a new drama,the rest is made up of News,Repeats and reality shows(Which most are repeats) and how long can they drag out Waterloo road,Holby city and Casualty goodness only knows

we have been watching a lot more US TV in the last year,the UK offerings are so bad

And here we are in the US watching only UK shows. We download
Lewis, HIGNFY, Geo Gently, Doctor Who, and New Tricks currently,
and have a huge collection of many more. Really love our
collection of Born and Bred, Morse, Dad's Army, Heartbeat,
The Royal, Mrs Bradley, Hetty Wainthrop, Doctor Finlay,
Poirot, etc etc.

Only US shows in my collection are MASH and West Wing.

we have been watching a lot more US TV in the last year,the UK offerings are so bad

And here we are in the US watching only UK shows. We download
Lewis, HIGNFY, Geo Gently, Doctor Who, and New Tricks currently,
and have a huge collection of many more. Really love our
collection of Born and Bred, Morse, Dad's Army, Heartbeat,
The Royal, Mrs Bradley, Hetty Wainthrop, Doctor Finlay,
Poirot, etc etc.

Only US shows in my collection are MASH and West Wing.
I'm another in the US watching UK shows. I don't watch any of the American shows mentioned. If I watch something it is normally old classic shows, baseball, and American football. I did watch Dallas when it was on years ago as a teenager and I did watch the new pilot episode because my cousin was in it. She played the maid that gave JR his hat. I couldn't tell you what happened ???

We watch most of the 'CSI' type shows. NCIS is my favorite. Without a Trace, Bones, Cold Case, are also some that we watch. We do watch all of the British ones as well.

Twice within a year I have really enjoyed an American show from Fox and they have only done one season and canceled it, so I'm reluctant to watch any new shows now.

I do like most detective shows, but I think there are so good British detective shows now, Scott and Baily,Lewis, George Gently and New Tricks, I am also looking forward to Endeavour starting next year.

I use to like American shows especailly their comedies. But that was before the late 1970's. After that the comedy went down hill. British comedy especially the older shows are the best. My large collection proves it all. Detective and police American shows are too violent unlike the British ones.

[quote Detective and police American shows are too violent unlike the British ones.
[/quote]

I think we're catching up, you should see Scott and Baily or White Chaple !

I must admit that I haven't seen these shows mentioned but they couldn't be as violent. By chance are they on Channel 4. As this channel has nothing to do with the BBC.. Anything goes on Channel 4...

I am also looking forward to Endeavour starting next year.

I downloaded a copy of Endeavor some time ago.

Thought it was a one-off.

You mean to say they are going to do a whole series
of early Morse????

chuck

i believe there doing a full series of endeavour and eventually it wil replace lewis cause according 2 some sources tht might b finishing next year

I am also looking forward to Endeavour starting next year.

I downloaded a copy of Endeavor some time ago.

Thought it was a one-off.

You mean to say they are going to do a whole series
of early Morse????

chuck

Yes coming out next year ;D

I must admit that I haven't seen these shows mentioned but they couldn't be as violent. By chance are they on Channel 4. As this channel has nothing to do with the BBC.. Anything goes on Channel 4...

No not channel 4 White Chaple was on BBC1 and Scott and Baily was on ITV.

I commented on similar topics recently. I am at a state now where I tend to like the Tranquil side of older British Sitcoms. Then again, to be fair, they simply don't produce that many US Sitcoms anymore because the demand and the market isn't what it used to be.

My life has changed with my two little sons running around all the time. The concept of watching 30-60 minutes of programs in peace is gone. Also, my television viewing time has the start of American football and the US Political conventions competing with Summer Wine. I won't get political, I am just taking an interest in the pageantry of these conventions.

As mentioned before,
I think the following are good....

Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Office (before Jim and Pam got married)
Modern Family
The Middle

Some really good US comedies not mentioned here are Malcolm in the Middle, Everyone Loves Raymond, and 3rd Rock From the Sun. These were primarily big in the 90s.

Codfanglers which team do you follow in the nfl.I am a long suffering raiders fan since it started showing in the uk in 1984

I've never seen 24 either, Amos. I used to be a Los Angeles Raiders fan during the 80's as I was great friends with a bloke from Huntington beach. Then I drifted to the Huston Oilers. Remember them? Couldn't win a flamin' argument, never mind a match. My Huntington Beach pal is still cheering on his side. Can't remember what they're called these days, but there you go.

Codfanglers which team do you follow in the nfl.I am a long suffering raiders fan since it started showing in the uk in 1984

I was born and raised in eastern Pennsylvania, which is Philadelphia Eagles territory. However, I have been living in the Washington DC Suburbs for the last 7 years and as of three years ago, I converted to a Washington Redskin fan due to personnel changes within the two teams. It also helps that I enjoy a lively bunch of Washington DC sports reporters, making the Redskins the easiest team to follow.

Every one goes on about the show called 24 i must be the only person who has never seen it.

No Amos, I've never seen it either it was on when Lost was on and I only had time to be confused by one program at that time and Lost filled that in nicely for me ;D

Every one goes on about the show called 24 i must be the only person who has never seen it.

No Amos, I've never seen it either it was on when Lost was on and I only had time to be confused by one program at that time and Lost filled that in nicely for me ;D

I can't believe how many programmes confuse me these days. I never used to be left this bewildered when I was younger!

Back