All That Glitters Is Not Elvis

Jay

UK Gold censoring words now. Lance's wife "He's a compete......"
and then got censored out

It was only 12 years ago, cant have been that bad as was originally shown 6pm on Sundays on bbc

I think the word she used to describe Lance was retard. It's probably on ofcom's offensive words list.

Yes seems you're correct its on the list of the most offensive words they brought out in 2016, even nutter and loony are on there as is psycho none of which I find offensive

I heard someone sum this up succinctly the other day, saying 'we're moving into a very beige world of entertainment' with political correctness going into overdrive.

We're going to become like Albania where they banned everything except Norman Wisdom films as the authorities felt anything else was too subversive :rolleyes:

I am intrigued by the 9pm watershed before which nothing which is considered today's can be broadcast but at 9.01pm it's fine .I assume it was originally set up in the belief that all children were in bed by nine but stand to be corrected now the "children" of all ages are up way beyond 9 watching all sorts of programmes .BBC 3 broadcasts so called comedies online which they can view and their content is far more questionable than some of the things quoted in the post not that some of the shows should ever air again .

Yes seems you're correct its on the list of the most offensive words they brought out in 2016, even nutter and loony are on there as is psycho none of which I find offensive
One of the Smiler lodging with Norah episodes, she is throwing him out early. He says" I am retired you know ! " She comes back with "Retarded more like !" ":fp:

Back