Alan Bell's camera angle changes

goodiesguy

Dedicated Member
What are your thoughts when Alan JW Bell too over from Sydney Lotterby and changed the camera angle of the cafe? It happened in Series 6 I believe that this first occoured. It also had the color change near the end of that series.

Here's the original camera angle for Series 1 to 5:
Sid%2527s%2Bcafe.jpg

And the camera angle which was used from Series 6 onwards:
FM19.jpg

Edit: In the next few weeks, I'll go through my dvd's and write down all the changes in the cafe set from Series to Series, as there are heaps.

Camera angle is often also from the p.o.v. of the counter looking on at the table where the boys sit. Sort of Ivy's p.o.v. But camera angle changes, it's also often like the first b/w picture you showed when it wants to show Ivy and her actions this would be the p.o.v. from the boys at the table.

While thinking of these things, it's always good to remember it's not always a good thing to over-analyze it all. It could take away from the fun of just watching. It's like analyzing why comedy is funny, the more you think about it the less funny it is. It's better to just let it happen with what should be an inate understanding of what makes a situation or dialogue funny. Certain words sound funny when spoken, for instance, pickle. Some words are funny so one writes them into dialogue. Some situations are ridiculous and character interactions so opposite that it's funny. But I suppose I've left the topic of camera angles and am now accidentally demonstrating why it's good not to analyze so much.

For all of those long shots of the hills, hills and more hills, I've been trying to figure out in which direction the camera was pointing. North, south, east, or west?? Even the shadows don't help because there are none. (Shooting at high noon or major use of reflectors?) Does anyone know which way the camera is pointing?

Back