Added More Themes

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few further themes added including a Pink one,there are many themes available but not so many for the later forum software,so have a wander through them,Terry

Might there be a theme that makes the word "Today" into all upper-case,
BOLD, LARGE letters?? When I am merely scanning thru the threads,
I look for "Today" but it now tends to disappear into the surrounding
text.

I will track down IE tomorrow not used it for some years and see how that behaves,I am using Chrome and at the moment it is not causing a problem with the themes,that said it could be a setting in IE like remove cookies or clear cache on exit,some people have the setting to clear personal data on exit and I think any of these may cause this problem

Well it seems the one thing that can cause you theme to revert back to default each time is Cookies, the web browser allow you to change if you store cookies or not,if they are not stored then your theme will revert back to default,the cookie is a small text file which in this case stores nothing more than your theme preference

So you will need to check your cookies setting in your web browser for this feature to work

Have checked my cookies - I allow them and sumerwine.net is there so not entirely sure why I revert to default. mmmm ...

Re: Added More Themes How to keep them

It appears I mislead those of you that said you choose a theme you like but it defaults back when you log out, it appears there is a problems with the software that controls this from the drop down box,so in the meantime the way around this is to go onto your profile, on the left under modify profile is Look and Layout, click on this and at the top it will show your current theme name, next to it in Brackets is Change,click on this and you will see a list of loaded themes, when you find the one you like click on Use this Theme

You should now be set on this them and to change it again follow instructions above

Terry

Re: Added More Themes How to keep them

It appears I mislead those of you that said you choose a theme you like but it defaults back when you log out, it appears there is a problems with the software that controls this from the drop down box,so in the meantime the way around this is to go onto your profile, on the left under modify profile is Look and Layout, click on this and at the top it will show your current theme name, next to it in Brackets is Change,click on this and you will see a list of loaded themes, when you find the one you like click on Use this Theme

You should now be set on this them and to change it again follow instructions above

Terry

Done this - let us now see if it works.

In process found a facility called "Ignore List". What is that for?

And what is it a "Global Moderator" is supposed to do?

Back