A UK Drama Rant!!!!

If it is of interest, I fight back against the unreasonable increase of advert sound levels by rigging up a sound compressor / limiter to the freeview audio output, which then feeds the TV sound input. I can't do without it now. Some TVs have 'auto volume' but my one doesn't work very well. Next to do: a remote 6 min (e.g) delay switch I can hit to completely cut off the sound for that period.

I hate adverts. And some are so stupid or annoying that I seriously wonder how the people who make them don`t feel like their working lives are utterly demoralising. They even have the nerve to call themselves creatives.

I too hate most adverts, there has been the odd few that are really funny even including our own characters! That said I do appreciate that they're a necessary evil as that they're required to pay for content so I can put up with a few, say 5 mins over a half hour episode. But ads as frequently like the ones I highlighted are greedy and stop people viewing their output....

I too hate most adverts, there has been the odd few that are really funny even including our own characters! That said I do appreciate that they're a necessary evil as that they're required to pay for content so I can put up with a few, say 5 mins over a half hour episode. But ads as frequently like the ones I highlighted are greedy and stop people viewing their output....

Yeah, there comes a point where there`s too many ads that it`s pointless trying to watch a programme. I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube and the ads on there are getting worse in length, but as yet I can`t afford to pay for premium. It`s particularly annoying when watching things like hiking videos with great scenery when you abruptly get taken out of that. There`s hardly a time in my life when I`ve bought anything as a result of a TV ad.

Yeah, there comes a point where there`s too many ads that it`s pointless trying to watch a programme. I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube and the ads on there are getting worse in length, but as yet I can`t afford to pay for premium. It`s particularly annoying when watching things like hiking videos with great scenery when you abruptly get taken out of that. There`s hardly a time in my life when I`ve bought anything as a result of a TV ad.
Get an ad blocker, there's quite a few for YouTube. I swear by mine and I'm not prepared to pay the crazy price of £15 per month as I don't feel it's worth it. When it's activated I never see any ads on youtube videos, I can share the link if you want they just plug into your browser.

Getting to know Leigh a bit through this site, I know he's had to shell out a fair bit of money to get us the Summerwine Decanted videos we all love, so I think i'm glad he can now get a little bit back with the ads he puts on. I know you can decide just how many ads go your content so hopefully he'll strike a happy medium :)

Get an ad blocker, there's quite a few for YouTube. I swear by mine and I'm not prepared to pay the crazy price of £15 per month as I don't feel it's worth it. When it's activated I never see any ads on youtube videos, I can share the link if you want they just plug into your browser.

Getting to know Leigh a bit through this site, I know he's had to shell out a fair bit of money to get us the Summerwine Decanted videos we all love, so I think i'm glad he can now get a little bit back with the ads he puts on. I know you can decide just how many ads go your content so hopefully he'll strike a happy medium :)

I watch YT through my TV so unfortunately I don`t think it`s possible to block the ads on that.

I watch YT through my TV so unfortunately I don`t think it`s possible to block the ads on that.
I agree it is not possible using a TV app, what I did is buy a cheap micro pc with windows installed, plugged into the TV, then used chrome with adblocker and bingo no ads, you should with most modern TV's be able to mirror from a laptop, so what is on the laptop is mirrored to TV

I agree it is not possible using a TV app, what I did is buy a cheap micro pc with windows installed, plugged into the TV, then used chrome with adblocker and bingo no ads, you should with most modern TV's be able to mirror from a laptop, so what is on the laptop is mirrored to TV
It can be easier than that, if you use Brave browser on a tablet or phone you can cast it to a modern TV and watch on there without the need for wires...

Back