A quiet...forum?

Blue summer

Dedicated Member
The forum seems very quiet lately, except for the jokes section.

I'm wondering if the fact that Summer wine has ended, that most of the topics that were posted while the programme was running, are not there to talk about any more?

Has the site been altered?
I'm having problems finding my way out of the form, the only way i can get to the front page (index), is by re-loading the site from my bookmarks (firefox) or favorites (IE).

G ; )

Once in a while I'll post on the locations section with a new location.. then when I have a comic I'll post it.. I haven't done one since the bus stop one though.

I try to think of new topics to spark a response sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

So it is not just me - thought it had gone quite quiet.

We need a quiz or two to keep the wine fresh but that takes time and not everyone has knowledge of all episodes - some parts of the world will not necessarily have seen everything as not everything is yet available on DVD. I thinkl there is still plenty to talk about: i ahve a lot of material but it all needs sorting and I need to watch some more to check up on things. Most of us, i suspect, when we come up with a poser for others is becaue it is something we have stumbled across and unless you know all the material (although I think that there are details, howbeit brief, for all the episodes in various places) it is not that easy to find out obscure facts.

I have not noticed any problems with this site.

When voting in the poll of polls ends then we might get some discussion.

The forum is loading great for me. No problems!

I have no problem getting into the forum, it's getting back to the front page from the forum that i'm having difficulty with.
On most websites, if you click on the "home" button, it takes you to the frontpage, which is the first page that loads when you first come to the site ie; http://www.summerwine.net/

Once out of the frontpage, there doesn't seem to be a way of returning to it, clicking on "home" just keeps you on the page you are on at the tme.
It's not a criticism, it's just something i've noticed for a while.

G ; )

The forum is loading great for me. No problems!

I have no problem getting into the forum, it's getting back to the front page from the forum that i'm having difficulty with.
On most websites, if you click on the "home" button, it takes you to the frontpage, which is the first page that loads when you first come to the site ie; http://www.summerwine.net/

Once out of the frontpage, there doesn't seem to be a way of returning to it, clicking on "home" just keeps you on the page you are on at the tme.
It's not a criticism, it's just something i've noticed for a while.

G ; )

I don't know why you're having problems, BluprintZ .....It working great for me. No matter where I'm at on the forum, when I click on "HOME" at the top of the page it takes me to the Home page or front page as you call it....I can also click on "Last of the Summer Wine Forum" just at the top of whatever forum page I'm on and that will take me back to the Home page also.

I haven´t got any problems either, apart from the one that I don´t know what to write ???. I´m watching some of the early DVDs at the moment.

Nope, when I click HOME, it takes me to the beginning
of the FORUM pages, not the actual home page. I must
enter (or click) http://www.summerwine.net to get to the
actual home page.

I'm the same as cciaffone said.

Sorry everyone, I must be the village idiot. I misunderstood what BluprintZ was asking....Please disregard my above post...
conf45.gif

Thank heavens for that, i thought it might have been because i was using Firefox as my browser.

I'm sure Terry will sort it out when he has time.

G ; )

Hi Members
If you are referring to the home button at the top of the forum page,then it will be the forum that it takes you to,not the main site page,the forum is independent to the main site,when I get a moment I will try and put a link on the forum home page that will then take you back to the main site,just got back from my holidays so some catching up to do,Terry

Back