A Nice Surprise!

Stephen

I came downstairs this morning to find that, during the night, one of my LOTSW photos that I had purchased from the Summer Wine shop last year had slipped in its frame, revealing -- would you believe -- another photo beneath it! And not just any photo, but a super portrait photo of Compo. :37: How lucky is that?! I'd had it all this time and never realised it was there. I can only assume that it was stuck to the back of the other photo and noone noticed when they put it in the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_103345_867~2.jpg
    IMG_20211122_103345_867~2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20211122_103532_944.jpg
    IMG_20211122_103532_944.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
Stephen...I know how this happened...it was the spirit of Bill looking down from above thinking "I need to be on show !!!".
In real life Bill Owen was a smartly dressed dandy...he loved his clothes and he loved the character he so wonderfully crafted and played.
He was so proud to belong to the series,and even when he was very ill he had the verve and passion to carry on...he didn't want to let Roy Clarke,Peter Sallis and US down.
It is a wonderful picture...if you look into his eyes you can see the mischievous twinkle !!!!.

Stephen...I know how this happened...it was the spirit of Bill looking down from above thinking "I need to be on show !!!".
In real life Bill Owen was a smartly dressed dandy...he loved his clothes and he loved the character he so wonderfully crafted and played.
He was so proud to belong to the series,and even when he was very ill he had the verve and passion to carry on...he didn't want to let Roy Clarke,Peter Sallis and US down.
It is a wonderful picture...if you look into his eyes you can see the mischievous twinkle !!!!.

Well that 'mischievous twinkle' will be on display all the time now, Moody. :)

Back