A new quiz

Ernie Parvlow (or Parblow)

Oooh, I'd like to give it to you George, I really would, but the Russian linesman said the ball hit the bar and bounced back the wrong side of the line. There could still be a tap in for someone though!

In which episode was 'Lifeboat' the first word that came into Cleggy's head?

I've only just seen this. Good question and one that will take some proper thinking about.
In the meantime, here's one for you to chew on George and the others.
Who, in a Summer Wine episode, lived on Berry Bank Rise?

Here is another to chew on,what is the 3 connections between the movie "Brassed off" and summer wine

Was it not Cyril Cooper, "The Man Who Invented Yorkshire Funny Stuff"

[/quote]

Correct mate, it was.

Here is another to chew on,what is the 3 connections between the movie "Brassed off" and summer wine

Philip Jackson, Peter Martin and Olga Grahame appeared in Brassed Off and at least one episode. And how about Yorkshire? Was Brassed Off set in Yorkshire or further north

Sorry no,I'll give the answer
It was in 'Das (Welly) Boot' when Cleggy sat in the back of Foggy's 'water taxi'.Foggy said "You can't go saying the first thing that comes into your head" and Cleggy says "Lifeboat.....it was the first thing that came into my head"

Wow that was quick,great work and yes it was filmed in various parts of Yorkshire as well as London

Philip Jackson, Peter Martin and Olga Grahame appeared in Brassed Off and at least one episode. And how about Yorkshire? Was Brassed Off set in Yorkshire or further north

Coffin Unc?? I,m thinking of the part where Compo found the key to the doors while they were on the lake and all 3 got a ducking. :)

Yes, I know, and it was only Alvin in the coffin on the water.

It has been remarked on just how much Clegg changed. Remember him in "Ballad for Wind Instruments and Canoe" and on the raft with Blamire in the Pilot.

The Ice Cream man Cometh? That's just a guess mind. I'm struggling to picture it.

Back