A New Era for my Oldest Son

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Well, I am not sure how old I was when I got into watching Fawlty Towers and Monty Python with my Dad. I am guessing I was about 10 when I started watching Young Ones on MTV (which I was a little young for it).

Now my own son is almost 9. He always knew I watch British shows but more than ever, he is starting to watch some with me. When I watch Fawlty Towers on Sunday nights, I am surprised to now find him laughing really hard. Now, the same goes for Keeping Up Appearances. I get it. He is attracted to the really outrageous characters of Basil Fawlty and Hyacinth Bucket (I am sure he doesn't get all the social nuances with KUA). Summer Wine appears to be his third favorite. Our station recently finished season 16 and now we are on 17 and he laughs hard at the antics on the hillsides, etc.

These are good times. However, I know he can't get into As Time Goes By, Ballykissangel, or the Detectorists.

I think it's a universal phrase but it sounds like he's a chip off the old block or in your case a Fish 'n' Chip off the old Block, Cod :08: [apologies in advance for corny response]

" I know he can't get into As Time Goes By, Ballykissangel, or the Detectorists."

Why not?? How cum and all??? My kids loved BallyK.

My son is just turning 9. I think those shows are a little slow moving for him. I believe he finds humor in the outlandish characters of Hyacinth Bucket and Basil Fawlty and the silly escapades of the 90' Summer Wine. When he get older, his interests might broaden.

Back