A fond farewell.

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
Well......after a short period of reflection i have made the decision to cease my posting......and do what the majority of our 394 members do......just view.
It has been a very,very,difficult decision because,...quite simply.....i love our programme
it is a deep and profound love,which will be with me to my dying day.
My obsession has been such,that i know each and every episode,and view them all with equal adoration.
So why leave ?????
Well,to be honest,i feel there are members who,would like the "status quo" to remain........just nice,and peaceful [a bit like our show],and i feel that people may not think my posts are relevant to our show.
I think my post on the characters[ i will reitterate........the characters] political views was the "straw that broke the camel's back."
I do not need to be told,by fellow members that politics has no room on our site !!!!!!!!
These political views i seek come from "made up characters".....not my fellow members !!!!!
Race,creed,colour or religion mean nothing to me,in terms of our wonderful website.
I was not trying to stir up a political storm......just trying to be a little "different".....and trying to make my fellow members think "outside the box",and maybe stimulate their thoughts.
As soon as i heard the dreaded "moderator" mentioned,i knew it was time to go.
I could go on,but i would end up upsetting a member or two.....so,i will end in saying it has been a true privilage to be involved in a website that celebrates "the greatest show on earth",and i hope that some of you [i will reitterate....some of you] enjoyed my posts.
I will keep in touch with a couple of members i have "bonded" with,by means of our private message service,but to everyone else...
I wish you good health and happiness in the future !!!!!
All my love to you all....and remember.....keep watching.....and keep the faith !!!!!!!!
Keith,from liverpool,england.
X!

Last edited:
A fond farewell

I for one am sorry to see you take a step back , I hope at some point you will reconsider . I guess from a lot of my posts you may have gathered I am mostly on here not just for the love of the show but for the comedic reposts . I am a frustrated very amateur comedy writer who doesn't have the courage to try and write something for publishing or certainly not to perform stand up . I know we disagreed about Geoffrey Palmer vociferously but hey that's life always a different view none can truly be deemed correct you just get on with it . If you don't reconsider good luck for all that you do and hope the Toffees have a good season .

I, as well, hope you step away a bit and reconsider. You added to a lot of good discussions here and sometimes comments rub people the wrong way, a way that was not intended. Because we are all individuals, it just happens. It is human nature in real life and in forums.

Keith I hope you change your mind. There is nothing wrong with spicing things up here a bit and nobody wants you to stop posting. The political thread got a reaction you didn't intend, but that doesn't mean you should stop contributing to the discussions.

Hmmm.

No need to leave at all - you wrote what you thought was right.

I have to say it was an interesting attempt to create a new, fresh topic for discussion.

In the show I think only Compo's, Blamire's and perhaps Foggy's politics were only really mentioned.

With respect, I would say trying to predict people's politics - characters or real people - by their jobs or personalities or upbringing WILL anger some people. Not that I was particularly annoyed, I know you didn't mean any offence.

Discussing politics on a forum will always cause upset

This kind of upset was in fact part of the beginning of our favourite show - during the making of the pilot there was a major row in real life between Bill Owen and Michael Bates over politics.

The solution - they never talked about it again...

Every time I turn on the news, I quake. Fires, earthquakes, wars, starvation, people crossing big bodies of water in tiny boats. So I hit this website and instantly I'm reminded of Wesley driving his flaming hot dog stand; Compo trying to water ski, stops at a pub after a fruitless adventure, and on and on. And suddenly the horrible things going on in the world are not so bad.

Back