53°34'02.6"N 1°44'09.3"W

The wonderful Bob Ross in Onslow's pic 1 . Show is often still on BBC4 here a really relaxing 30 minute show . Bob could have been a wonderful person to read a book at bedtime on Radio 4 you'd drop off without issue.

Just found this on YouTube. Have you driven down there in your Land Rover @Barrychuckle ?

Hi Roger, yes I have seen this video before thanks for posting. This goes up Scaly Gate, but it's now closed off with big concrete blocks to stop 4x4's and scramblers churning up the road.

I have driven up up Hurst Lane which is still just accessible but I'm glad I was in the Defender with the suspension raised, as most SUV's would struggle to get up there due to massive potholes and rocks in the road. The best way to access the land is coming up Intake Lane. (thanks to @Douglas Enwright for pointing this out to me!)

Hi Roger, yes I have seen this video before thanks for posting. This goes up Scaly Gate, but it's now closed off with big concrete blocks to stop 4x4's and scramblers churning up the road.

I have driven up up Hurst Lane which is still just accessible but I'm glad I was in the Defender with the suspension raised, as most SUV's would struggle to get up there due to massive potholes and rocks in the road. The best way to access the land is coming up Intake Lane. (thanks to @Douglas Enwright for pointing this out to me!)
Hirst lane is now closed, it resembles a stream, now...

That’s amazing Barry,what a beautiful and iconic piece of land,I’ve visited there so many times and have memories of so many scenes filmed there,and thankyou so much for your generosity in allowing us to ask for the padlock code,
Love from Chuffer.

That’s amazing Barry,what a beautiful and iconic piece of land,I’ve visited there so many times and have memories of so many scenes filmed there,and thankyou so much for your generosity in allowing us to ask for the padlock code,
Love from Chuffer.
Lovely to hear from you again Chuffer, hopefully we don't have to wait another 6 months to see your wonderful posts! I'm hopefully going to get up there before May to do a litter pick as there is quite a bit of rubbish I discovered when the foliage has been cut back. Lots of rusty Monster & Red Bull cans bizarrely, I suspect that's Terrys drink of choice..........

Lovely to hear from you again Chuffer, hopefully we don't have to wait another 6 months to see your wonderful posts! I'm hopefully going to get up there before May to do a litter pick as there is quite a bit of rubbish I discovered when the foliage has been cut back. Lots of rusty Monster & Red Bull cans bizarrely, I suspect that's Terrys drink of choice..........
What no ancient Roman cans of Tetley?.

Thanks so much Barry :)

Back