53°34'02.6"N 1°44'09.3"W

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
One of my more unorthodox titles I guess!

I am pleased to confirm that today I completed purchase on the land which was recently for sale on this site a few weeks ago. It probably the most used piece of land in the entire series. It was important to me as a fan that this remains as picturesque as it can do as it's previously been carved up with 4x4 drivers and motorcross bikes.

My initial plans are to get a gate to access the 1/3 acre plot so fans can access the area and enjoy the amazing views it affords should they wish. I also plan to get round to putting a bench there but this may take a bit longer as I need to ensure part of the ground is leveled off so the bench can be secured. I have been advised that it's best to lock the gate with a combination lock to control vehicles driving over it. That said it's hopefully an improvement of how it is currently with a wire fence all round making it inaccessible.

I'm happy for members of this site to pitch a tent or camper van (providing I can verify them) on the land for the odd night should they wish in time and certainly access it should they wish.

I'm planning on visiting again in a month or two to try and get the gate sorted. But if anyone has any other ideas for the land please let me know and I do hope as many of the wonderful members of this forum do at least pay it a visit!

The title is the grid reference if you wish to pin point the exact location BTW :) :) :)

Barry C

One of my more unorthodox titles I guess!

I am pleased to confirm that today I completed purchase on the land which was recently for sale on this site a few weeks ago. It probably the most used piece of land in the entire series. It was important to me as a fan that this remains as picturesque as it can do as it's previously been carved up with 4x4 drivers and motorcross bikes.

My initial plans are to get a gate to access the 1/3 acre plot so fans can access the area and enjoy the amazing views it affords should they wish. I also plan to get round to putting a bench there but this may take a bit longer as I need to ensure part of the ground is leveled off so the bench can be secured. I have been advised that it's best to lock the gate with a combination lock to control vehicles driving over it. That said it's hopefully an improvement of how it is currently with a wire fence all round making it inaccessible.

I'm happy for members of this site to pitch a tent or camper van (providing I can verify them) on the land for the odd night should they wish in time and certainly access it should they wish.

I'm planning on visiting again in a month or two to try and get the gate sorted. But if anyone has any other ideas for the land please let me know and I do hope as many of the wonderful members of this forum do at least pay it a visit!

The title is the grid reference if you wish to pin point the exact location BTW :) :) :)

Barry C
Sounds like a plan Barry. Best of luck

Congratulations Barry that is wonderful news,I am so pleased for you,and chuffed that it is going to a fan of Summer Wine with plans to keep it as we all love it,thank you so much for thinking of us too,and allowing access to it,the plan for a bench is just brilliant,please put a plaque on it,I have walked alongside this area many times and you are right,it is as iconic as the cafe and Nora’s house,I am thrilled for you,and for all of us x

If anyone can let me know of any specific episodes this land is used in, I would love to see how it's changed over the course of the years. Thanks

Foggy was saying how peaceful it was
and then scramble bikes came over the top & buzzed him. Can't think of the episode off the top of my head, or the bottom. Tracks were clearly visible in early years but now grown over. Do your Time Team bit & I'm sure you'll find them.
I think you're going to find rechargeable garden tools a boon, Barry.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the location might have been used in "Brushes at Dawn" I was watching it last night and it looks sort of like where everyone was sitting watching the duel.

Congratulations! Great to know the land is staying in the Last of the Summer Wine Family so to speak.

Back