Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts where on the last three series were, 27 28 will be out on Monday so that leaves 3 series to release.

I'm hoping they don't string it out any more than they have already and just release the last 3 altogether. I don't see the point, other than monetary, in releasing 2 then the last one on its own. Any ideas?

What naming convention are the UK releases following? Remember, the double length Series 9 got split up into being called Series 9 and 10 when released on DVD. If the UK releases are still following that system, then there are still four series to go because they are still off by one. The other thread refers to the new set just out as 26/27, even though when I look online the new set is sold as 27/28. In the U.S. each series is released separately and titled Vintage XXXX where XXXX is the year it aired. So the next release (out in a few days) is Vintage 2005, which is Series 26. If the new set is really 26/27, then there are still four series to go.

Last edited:
The other thread is confusing me since it refers to 26 and 27, but it looks like it is 27 and 28 they are referring to. Either way you are ahead of us in the U.S. - we are only up to 26, which is out next week.
Its numbered 27 & 28 but it should be 26 & 27 due to a mix up some time ago.

OK now I'm lost!
If you look at an episode list you will see that series 27 is series 28 on the latest DVD. You have to go back to a previous DVD that Playback did when they for some reason made one series into two due I think that there were a lot of episodes in a series. I stand to be corrected on this but I think I am right.

If you look at an episode list you will see that series 27 is series 28 on the latest DVD. You have to go back to a previous DVD that Playback did when they for some reason made one series into two due I think that there were a lot of episodes in a series. I stand to be corrected on this but I think I am right.

I remember they was a cock up somewhere but thought they'd caught it all up.

My own private disc collection goes up thru Series 31 (the end) but I can
no longer tell where the cock-up happened. I do remember one series
on DVD that initially had way more episodes than would have been
normal, then they split that series into two. But I can no longer tell
where that was.

Help???

Back