211 to go

Pearl,

If it is the boxed sets then I think you are right . I had a mail from Amazon today, as I have bought other Box Sets from them before . On the mail they have links to the pages for the DVD's, strangely one is described as series 29 and 30 , the other is 31 and 32 . I am not going to go into the old discussion about the episode numbering but for 29/30 the narrative on Amazon's site lists the episodes as starting with Enter the Finger and ending with Goodnight Sweet Ferret which does equate to 29/30, they have the release date as May 16th.

The description for 31/32 in blank but for mention of including the exclusive pilot episode . Assuming the list for 29/30 is correct then the final DVD can only be the last 6 episodes, unless they have found some unaired episodes but I suspect not . As they have mentioned the pilot I believe your deduction is correct . The release date they have for effectively the six series 31 episodes and the pilot is July 11th . Concerning aspect is they have 29/30 priced at £17.99 but for 31+pilot at £26.99 which is expensive for a single series , albeit the last ever.

According to the Summer Wine Shop Series 29 & 30 will include Episodes 258-278 and Series 31 & 32 will complete the collection of 295 episodes. Both are priced at £24.99

Captain, someone told me about the 6+ pilot yesterday, it is very expensive. Amazon started advertising 29/30 at £26.99 but its now down to £17.99 and suspect the same will happen to 31/32 but even if it does it's still expensive for 7 episodes and people are already complaining.

Happyjack, Amazon and HMV will be cheaper than the SW shop.

Stupid of me, but ... went online and looked at amazon for summer wine
dvd sets. They list some by years (1998 ??) and some by series
(Series 25 and 26) but don't seem to put it all together. So I
am having a hard time trying to tell what to order (should I
want to). Luckily I have all the episodes on various DVDs that
I got from a number of sources.

Then there are some like this: Last of the Summer Wine Vintage 2004 2015

Not sure what that means

Stupid of me, but ... went online and looked at amazon for summer wine dvd sets. They list some by years (1998 ??) and some by series(Series 25 and 26) but don't seem to put it all together. So I am having a hard time trying to tell what to order (should I want to). Luckily I have all the episodes on various DVDs that I got from a number of sources.

Then there are some like this: Last of the Summer Wine Vintage 2004 2015.

Not sure what that means

The "Last of the Summer Wine Vintage ..." sets are Region 1 (North America) and there are scenes missing from a few of the episodes, apparently due to US copyright restrictions on the scenes' content. But, as far as I know, the only way to access the tribute to Dame Thora Hird, The Funny Side of Christmas and 30 Years of Last of the Summer Wine is to buy the Vintage 1995 set.

The "Series ..." sets are Region 2 (Europe), and none of the scenes have been cut as far as I know. All of the Region 2 sets are available from Amazon.co.uk, reasonably priced and at a reasonable cost for shipping.

Seems strange now, but I have at least two spindles of SW DVDs
accumulated from various sources over the years (a spindle is
what, about 2 or 2 1/2 inches high?). This is all in addition to the
DVDs that we actually watch. I believe we had the whole set on DVDs
well before the beeb actually released them. Guy up north-east US
was making and selling them years and years ago. Think he
copied them from what a US TV station was showing.

Pearl,

If it is the boxed sets then I think you are right . I had a mail from Amazon today, as I have bought other Box Sets from them before . On the mail they have links to the pages for the DVD's, strangely one is described as series 29 and 30 , the other is 31 and 32 . I am not going to go into the old discussion about the episode numbering but for 29/30 the narrative on Amazon's site lists the episodes as starting with Enter the Finger and ending with Goodnight Sweet Ferret which does equate to 29/30, they have the release date as May 16th.

The description for 31/32 in blank but for mention of including the exclusive pilot episode . Assuming the list for 29/30 is correct then the final DVD can only be the last 6 episodes, unless they have found some unaired episodes but I suspect not . As they have mentioned the pilot I believe your deduction is correct . The release date they have for effectively the six series 31 episodes and the pilot is July 11th . Concerning aspect is they have 29/30 priced at £17.99 but for 31+pilot at £26.99 which is expensive for a single series , albeit the last ever.

That is exactly what they listed for seasons 29 and 30. The only problem with that is - WHAT HAPPENED TO SEASON 28? The season starting with The Second Stag Night of Doggy Wilkinson and ending with Sinclair and the Wormley Witches has fallen into a Black Hole. What they show for Seasons 27 and 28 were the episodes from The Swan Man of Ilkley to A Tale of Two Sweaters (2005 & 2006 broadcasts). Next should come The Second Stag Night of Doggy Wilkinson. Since I doubt very much that they would just skip a whole season, My personal feeling is that whoever wrote that review just looked at the original numbers and didn't verify the titles. That would then put the final 31-32 seasons as 16 episodes plus the pilot. Still expensive but not quite so bad - maybe they'll even throw in some of the extras we got on Vintage 1995.

Actually it is now 192 - changed since I first posted. Keep guessing

I will , strange cannot be a time related with a difference of 19 in what is three days . I have a feeling its something that will force me to use the booted bony thing on the end of my leg to induce pain to myself when I either get [unlikely at this stage] or am told the answer , nice one Barmpot.

Nice one Barmpot would never have got that if you substitute hours for posts . Great achievement when it comes along . Dick, I think it would be nice for us to recognise the achievement, perhaps start a new thread with then ten thousandth post so it stands out .

All I know is I shall never catch you up, nor Tery nor Pearl although I think I am number five in the list. The real quetion is - how much of my posting has been of any real value??:):29::21::29::36::35::42: or has it all been :07::07::13::13::redface::redface: but I had better be careful before some oen (naming no names) :46::46:

But in the meantime Dick :18:

Back