1988 Christmas Special; Crums

wstol

Dedicated Member
This was a fantastic special. It really does feel like Christmas, and I never tire of this one.

This marks the debut of Auntie Wainwright, also it was intended to feature a return of Foggy. It appears he was disappointed with the script, and his part was rewritten for Howard.

This is an excellent episode and one i never tire of watching.As i have mentioned elsewhere,i was never a big fan of Seymour but after watching him a few times i really grew to like him quite a lot and there are some real gems of episodes during his time on the programme and Crums is one of them.

I have always thought that they conveyed the atmosphere of Xmas really well.The sets and so on were well decorated and the small touches here and there made everything very believeable.

Hector

Probably my favorite special, it had a winter atmosphere about it with plenty to laugh at

imo this is possibly the best special ever, or at least in the top 3, i think its excellent, a wonderful performance by jean alexander and a wonderful plot, would have been interesting 2 c it with foggy in but we got him back in the end, an excellent special. 9/10

This, along with Whoops and What's Santa Brought for Nora then? Are my top 3 Xmas episode...I really love the whole Xmas atmosphere.

As I have said before, my favourite Christmas episode.

Also I am really a member of CRUMS - just like Cleggy!

This, along with Whoops and What's Santa Brought for Nora then? Are my top 3 Xmas episode...I really love the whole Xmas atmosphere.

You're absolutely right there, those three episodes were perfect examples of Christmas in LOTSWland.

I liked the Yvette Fielding cameo,good idea casting her as Crusher's girlfriend. It came about as she was visiting the set for a Blue Peter feature. Jim Bowen also guested for the first time

I watched it last night, loved it, it was interesting to see that aunty wainwrights voice is different at the beginning.

I think I'll watch what's santa bought for nora later, snuggled in my bed with a cuppa.... bliss

Back