1984 Christmas Special; The Loxley Lozenge

wstol

Dedicated Member
This is another one of those memorable episodes.

This was made along with Series 8. John Comer had died and wasn't involved with this or Series 8.

Evidence suggests The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty and Keeping Britain Tidy were intended to be broadcast before this one, as some recordings of this feature Crusher, and others don't.

Either way, this episode is the regular half hour, and doesn't have a Christmas theme, something that was fairly common in some of the 90s Christmas specials.

Gordon Wharmby returns in this and later on Series 8. With the death of John Comer it seems the Wesley character was being tried out as a sort of replacement, as was Jonathan Linsley as Crusher. This device in introducing new characters to replace old ones gradually became commonplace.

As for the episode itself, it's excellent. The 'climax' is classic LOTSW.

This is a wonderful episode, a proper 'special', iy contains great outdoor scenes and the reintroduction of Wesley was smashing. This was around the time that the series was at it's absolute peak for my money. A settled trio, excellent specials and it wasn't overrun with extra characters.

This is the episode with Clegg's 'Hitler was an ovaltinie' bit ;D at Foggy thinking the Loxley L was a 'medieval coughdrop',understandable though.My member name in old forum was loxleylozenge76'.Only thing that's sad in hindsight is Compo's 'cross my pancreas and hope to die' line

Yes he did Dick, but I think the point that Barmpot is making is how can it be with hindsight when it didnt happen until 15 years later? Portnetious possibly, with foresight maybe, but definitely not hindsight!

Yes he did Dick, but I think the point that Barmpot is making is how can it be with hindsight when it didnt happen until 15 years later? Portnetious possibly, with foresight maybe, but definitely not hindsight!
I see your point mate! ::)

This is another one of those memorable episodes.

This was made along with Series 8. John Comer had died and wasn't involved with this or Series 8.

Evidence suggests The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty and Keeping Britain Tidy were intended to be broadcast before this one, as some recordings of this feature Crusher, and others don't.

Either way, this episode is the regular half hour, and doesn't have a Christmas theme, something that was fairly common in some of the 90s Christmas specials.

Gordon Wharmby returns in this and later on Series 8. With the death of John Comer it seems the Wesley character was being tried out as a sort of replacement, as was Jonathan Linsley as Crusher. This device in introducing new characters to replace old ones gradually became commonplace.

As for the episode itself, it's excellent. The 'climax' is classic LOTSW.

And of course the artist painting the landscape is Ashley Jackson who has a very good art gallery in Holmfirth at the bottom of Upperthong hill saw it two years ago whilst on route to visit Bill Owens resting place at St Johns church halfway up Upperthong hill.

Back