1973 TO 2020.........shops......[or lack of]

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
I was 'avin a think......from the dawn of OUR show to its demise I can count the number of shops on 2 hands.......and when you think about it...why didn't some West Yorkshire "clever begger" go in direct competition with Aunty ???....'cos she sold EVERYTHING....and I mean....EVERYTHING....talk about diversification......
So...we have ...Aunty's.....Marina's supermarket...Dougy's second hand store.....Percy's....OOPS...sorry..DIRK'S second hand store....the newsagent where a Frogman called Compo wrecked all the magazine racks...the card shop [a tip..don't try to buy Christmas cards in mid summer !!!]...the sweet shop [a tip...don'y try to buy festive sweets in mid summer !!]...the hat shop where Foggy bought Compo that beautiful pink hat....the shop where Nora INSISTED THAT WALLY LIKED THE GARMENT......even though he HATED IT !!!...the florists where Barry had to go to " collect the flowers" for his wedding...and the 2 tailors [one run by "the captain"...and one run by the mice hater]......can my Summer Wine family members think of any more ?????????

Norris Fairburn (the tailor) also had a greengrocers shop in Have you got a light mate?
Charlie had an all purpose shop in Dancing Feet when Compo wanted something for his hard skin

Inky...you never fail to amaze me !!!!......and I have JUST REMEMBERED Jack Harry Teasdale's grocers shop !!!!!.....[I just remember Compo commenting on his "TROUSER DIET" as he was leaving the shop...preparing for his "sponsored dribble"

Mr. Bristow is standing outside his Gents wear shop as Marina goes by in Concerto for solo Bicycle.
Seymour, Clegg and Compo go in to a department store on Xmas eve to try and buy perfume/earrings in What's Santa bought for Nora Batty?

Inky !!!!...STOP IT NOW !!!!!....you knowledge is frightening !!!!...in the immortal words of Wayne from "Wayne's World"..." I am not worthy !!!".
It inspires me and fills my heart with such joy knowing I have "Summer Wine brothers and sisters" with as much passion and love for OUR show as I do....spread throughout the 4 corners of the world......it is truly amazing.....NO OTHER SHOW has followers with such loyalty !!!!

The shop that Marina and Glenda stood outside when Marina wanted to be plain and Glenda wanted to be Tarty. I can't remember the name of the episode.

-The Iron monger's shop where Seymour picked up his 'improved' garbage disposal in the aptly titled Jaws episode.

-The Barber Shop from Short Back and Palais Glide where Blamire gets his hair cut as Clegg and Compo check out the articles in the magazines. ;)

-The Gift Shop in the hospital where they buy a keychain(?) as they go to visit Smiler.

The shop Edie and Glenda had just left, when Glenda said Barry keeps a peice of seaweed for weather forcasting. I think it was The Thing in Wesley's Shed.

2 chippies I dont think we've had. The one at the end of SPLASH IN WALES .
The other one Norah is inside and this car runs up the pavement (Title escapes me:fp:)

Back