12 Years ago

Given Corrie , Emmerdale and Eastenders are still running would it be unreasonable for us to be commenting on a thread about the new episode that was shown last Sunday what we think of the latest trio..... It should not have been a big ask or step too far .

The most wonderful thing about being an official "BARMPOT" is that there is no "final episode"......OUR SHOW just goes on and on...we never tire of a single series from 1 to 31 !!!!......it is always with us...and always remains a constant !!!.....a barrier and visual comfort blanket against the modern world !!!.....Summerwine is for life....not just for Christmas !!!!.
x!

In August 2010 my wife and I were in London for what has been (to date) our one visit to the UK (our "triumphant return" will hopefully be next year for our 25th wedding anniversary). On August 8 2010, the Series 31 episode The Rights of Man (Except for Howard) was first broadcast. I remember seeing it in the TV listings, but being tourists with an itinerary to stick to, we didn't get to watch it. I did make a mental note of the episode.

Flash forward to Rhode Island, 2019. The local PBS station is playing LotSW and which episode are they airing? The Rights of Man (Except for Howard). I instantly thought back to the London trip and thought, "It must be some sort of destiny for me to watch this episode first!" And I did.

Back