COVID Vaccine.

Ring your local surgery and ask to be put on the left overs list. They get so many vaccines a week and if the uptake drops they have lists of people they ring to come in and get one so they don't go to waste. My surgery has a clinic at weekends to use left over vaccines and is offering it to teachers and teaching staff.
Thank you ever so much for this suggestion Pearl, I've just spoken with the surgery, they didn't ask my occupation but they said they usually only give any extras to people within current age range ie 50 - 59, but they've put me on the list on the off chance this changes.

If they offer me the jab I'll buy you a large sticky bun from Sids Cafe! Thanks

I had my first shot a couple of weeks ago. There were no lines and everyone was pleasant, quick, and efficient. They even let my hubby come in with me which was a surprise and they offered all sort of assistance. No side effects except for the tiniest twinge in the arm.

Feeling less aches today and had a better nights sleep.
Can I ask anyone else that had the vaccine, did you get any info re side effects in a leaflet, anything indicating the batch number, or a date for your 2nd vaccine

It seems it our GP that is the stumbling block for the vaccine cards, a neighbour went for 2nd jab today, and asked for the card, after we queried not getting one with the first jab, they said they were only giving it out when you get the 2nd jab, well today there was still no card,with the excuse they had run out, how can they run out when they were not giving them out in the first place.

I've been called for Jury service in May and I'm not best pleased to be having to do that without the jab as there is likely to be a pause for a month. I called 119 and spoke with a really helpful lady she suggested I turn up at a vaccination centre at the end of the day to maybe get an unused vac. I did this and the head of the centre told me they had been given instructions 'from high' a few days ago not to allow spare jabs to be given to anyone without an appointment even if that means they get thrown away! She seemed as frustrated as I, but I suppose if word gets about that people can turn up on spec for leftovers they could be deluged. Upshot - no vaccine yet :(

I've been called for Jury service in May and I'm not best pleased to be having to do that without the jab as there is likely to be a pause for a month. I called 119 and spoke with a really helpful lady she suggested I turn up at a vaccination centre at the end of the day to maybe get an unused vac. I did this and the head of the centre told me they had been given instructions 'from high' a few days ago not to allow spare jabs to be given to anyone without an appointment even if that means they get thrown away! She seemed as frustrated as I, but I suppose if word gets about that people can turn up on spec for leftovers they could be deluged. Upshot - no vaccine yet :(
Good grief! My surgery are begging people to turn up, I'm in the Midlands.

It beggars belief

I wouldn't do Jury service after six jabs let alone one. This situation is ridiculous Barry. Have you contacted the powers that be? Keep us informed mate, this is a very interesting subject. Surely the lock-down laws will not allow you to do Jury service.:mad:

I wouldn't do Jury service after six jabs let alone one. This situation is ridiculous Barry. Have you contacted the powers that be? Keep us informed mate, this is a very interesting subject. Surely the lock-down laws will not allow you to do Jury service.:mad:
I'm 46 so to play devils advocate I'm in the next (delayed) age group on the list. The Jury Service just state that social distancing measures will be followed etc.... You can be fined £1,000 if you refuse Jury service and or hauled in front of the judge, I'm just hoping I somehow get mine in April...

@Pearl I'm not too far away from the Midlands in Shropshire, being a sparsely populated rural county the roll out has been really slow here....

I just got my second shot (Pfizer) about 7 hours ago and so far so good. I felt a little more tired than normal about an hour after and I had a headache, but other than that, so far, so good!!! BTW, headache is gone now, but arm is pretty sore. Still feeling good!

I just got my second shot (Pfizer) about 7 hours ago and so far so good. I felt a little more tired than normal about an hour after and I had a headache, but other than that, so far, so good!!! BTW, headache is gone now, but arm is pretty sore. Still feeling good!
Just go and move stuff about in the car,that will take your mind off it

I'm 46 so to play devils advocate I'm in the next (delayed) age group on the list. The Jury Service just state that social distancing measures will be followed etc.... You can be fined £1,000 if you refuse Jury service and or hauled in front of the judge, I'm just hoping I somehow get mine in April...

@Pearl I'm not too far away from the Midlands in Shropshire, being a sparsely populated rural county the roll out has been really slow here....
It shouldn't be a post code lottery, my surgery is vaccinating everyone over 18, I think the NHS has done a fabulous job rolling it out and getting so many done but it should be equal across the country. I really hope you get it done soon and if they are throwing any away they need to be punished for it.

So, after about 11 hours, things went downhill.
I started getting tired (real tired) then I got really cold, teeth chattering cold. I then went to bed and now I'm awake 0330. I woke up completely dehydrated so far I've had 2 bottles of water and I'm feeling a little better. My muscles also "burned and would sting"????
We will see how the rest of tomorrow goes.

Back