Your favourite quotes from Last Of The Summer Wine. I'll begin

Indeed. Nonetheless I still feel the universe directs all the cool dudes and dudettes here. Class, political leanings, gender etc are all irrelevant because Barmpot Coolness is the only requirement.

Wally. "You av to laugh"
Well today I chuckled at a sign in Aunties window. She's gone overboard on the Christmas decorations again, Not.
The sign is SO appropriate .

Attachments

• 20231209_112719.jpg
    20231209_112719.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231209_123200.jpg
    20231209_123200.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 27
The grey door (Aunties front door) only leads to the flat which is the grey window on the right and the basement. The left side of the building (and top floor) is separate and accessed by the door on the corner of the building that was usually not seen in the show. Below the grey window is a grating and you can see the basement window, which is the bedroom!

A lot of the buildings up there seem to have complicated layouts as we found out when we used to stay in holiday cottages. They'd never get planning permission nowadays.

Regarding the devine plan: Clegg: It's clear nature never intended we should fit snuggly against smooth flat surfaces, yet the rectangle is all we ever get from the planners. When the archeologists of the future dig out the remains of our buildings, they'll be forced to conclude that all the inhabitants were composed of right angles!

The grey door (Aunties front door) only leads to the flat which is the grey window on the right and the basement. The left side of the building (and top floor) is separate and accessed by the door on the corner of the building that was usually not seen in the show. Below the grey window is a grating and you can see the basement window, which is the bedroom!
That explains Aunties bargain basement prices for everything she sold. :08:

" OH NO !!!...IT'S PEARL IN A SUBMARINE !!!!".
"HAPPY BOXING DAY IVY".
"AND A WAY OF DRESSING WOUNDS WITH SPIDERS WEBS".
"I WISH I HAD A POUND FOR EVERY JAP I HAVE SHOT OUT OF A TREE....AT LEAST I THOUGHT THEY WERE JAPS...THEY COULD HAVE BEEN WORKERS FOR THE BURMESE TELEPHONE COMPANY".
"WHY DON'T YOU SIT DOWN NORA...YOU HAVE BEEN ON YOUR MOUTH..... ERR FEET ALL DAY".
" I'M WRONG AGE FOR GOIN' STERILE"
X!

Last edited:
" OH NO !!!...IT'S PEARL IN A SUBMARINE !!!!".
"HAPPY BOXING DAY IVY".
"AND A WAY OF DRESSING WOUNDS WITH SPIDERS WEBS".
"I WISH I HAD A POUND FOR EVERY JAP I HAVE SHOT OUT OF A TREE....AT LEAST I THOUGHT THEY WERE JAPS...THEY COULD HAVE BEEN WORKERS FOR THE BURMESE TELEPHONE COMPANY".
"WHY DON'T YOU SIT DOWN NORA...YOU HAVE BEEN ON YOUR MOUTH..... ERR FEET ALL DAY".
" I'M WRONG AGE FOR GOIN' STERILE"
X!
Excellent hahaha :D

Awwww Marple. Loved walking along the canal, through Brabyns park area then to Etherow Country Park. Awesome!!!
Definitely have to go back this summer.
Yes it's very nice there, My Mum still lives in Marple but I moved to Stockport when I got a place of my own.

Nearby New Mills reminds me a bit of Holmfirth.

All going well I'll be moving to Brian Wilde's home town of Ashton Under Lyne later this year.

I didn’t know Brian was from Ashton! He certainly didn’t have the broad Lancashire accent. I came through Ashton on my way to Holmfirth as I prefer to go via Saddleworth Moor. Welcome to the forum btw, you’ll be living really close to Holmfirth so no excuse for not visiting:)
Yes it's very nice there, My Mum still lives in Marple but I moved to Stockport when I got a place of my own.

Nearby New Mills reminds me a bit of Holmfirth.

All going well I'll be moving to Brian Wilde's home town of Ashton Under Lyne later this year.

Back