Your favourite quotes from Last Of The Summer Wine. I'll begin

I didn’t know Brian was from Ashton! He certainly didn’t have the broad Lancashire accent. I came through Ashton on my way to Holmfirth as I prefer to go via Saddleworth Moor. Welcome to the forum btw, you’ll be living really close to Holmfirth so no excuse for not visiting:)
I'm a 20 minute drive from Holmfirth. I'm thinking of popping over this summer sometime. Not sure when as I usually do stuff like that on the spur of the moment :03:

I didn’t know Brian was from Ashton! He certainly didn’t have the broad Lancashire accent. I came through Ashton on my way to Holmfirth as I prefer to go via Saddleworth Moor. Welcome to the forum btw, you’ll be living really close to Holmfirth so no excuse for not visiting:)
There's even a blue plaque on the house Brian grew up in.

BrianWildePlaque.jpg

My family managed at least one visit in the late 1980s, getting to see some of the locations as well as the exhibition.

For a few years my sister used to live in Meltham, not far away, I even set up my old phone to play the LOTSW theme when she called!

I've just realised you're a Newbie Richard. Welcome aboard. Saying that, after just over 4 years I still have to doff my tatty cap to the higher ups :36:

Anyway good to have you on board and as they say in Royston Vasey 'you'll never leave'.

There's even a blue plaque on the house Brian grew up in.

View attachment 6989

My family managed at least one visit in the late 1980s, getting to see some of the locations as well as the exhibition.

For a few years my sister used to live in Meltham, not far away, I even set up my old phone to play the LOTSW theme when she called!
Didn't know Brian had a blue Plauge. I've done a walking tour of Blue plagues round London. Very interesting

My last one for now:
".....with your smart sophisticated romantic approaches, a smack across the backside, a dig with your elbow. one boozy wink and that is supposed to throw my senses in a whirl???????"
Ivy to Sid / 'Cheering up Gordon'

I agree with Amos Hames, There are too many wonderful quotes in Summerwine to pick a favorite. All of the quotes I put on this page of the forum, came from the same DVD which introduced Foggy into the series. This DVD is special in that it contains the away game that was produced in Scarborough, in the two episodes 'The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper' and 'Cheering up Gordon'. Again, I wouldn't want to pick a favorite episode, but these two are special and uplifting because they took ME along with the team on the road, to what appears to be a very nice place. 'Last Post and Pigeon' was the only other away game I can think of. I don't know how much of that episode was actually filmed on location and how much was camera hocus pocus. Nonetheless, I felt like I was standing right there with them on the deck of the ferry boat and on Bray Dunes. Hocus Pocus or not, it was nicely done.

Back