Winter Bug

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to of been hit with this nasty bug which they say only last 48 hours,so I will sort out all new locations for the members map in the next couple of days,at the moment I need to stay close to the bathroom,Terry

Dont send it our way will you ?? ;) I finished 2 weeks anti biotics only last friday ;D Get well soon Terry :D

Oh dear, oh dear! Get well soon, Terry! Plenty of chamomile and peppermint tea and LOTSW should help ;). Yes, it is everywhere, I wish winter was over, not only cold and dark, but you also keep catching bugs.

Mine aint so bad - headache, blocked nose, swallowing hurts..

Get well, Terry. :-\

I hope you feel better soon. Had a winter bug last year and it was certainly no fun!

I´ve got this image on my mind of a little beetle in scarf and woolly hat, shivering in the snow... Sounds rather cleggish :D!

Having a tot myself, Minxie! No cold as yet but the mearest suspicion of a sore throat....so I thought I'd ward it off with a little help from my good friend Mr Jameson!

A Tot

A Tot:

A small glass or measure of your favourite spirit (whiskey,gin or rum etc. ) Helps with a cold or flu , kills some of the germs!! ;) ;)

How many other expressions are there for a drop of the hard stuff?

Up here we have:

A dram
A small whisky - one measure
A large whisky - two measures - tend not to use the term a double up here.
(An aside; at one time Scotland used to serve a fifth of a gill as the standard measure whereas it was a sixth of a gill in England. I do not think that is still the case. In any event, the measure will be in dreaded centilitres.)
A wee dram.
A wee one.
A wee half.
(It might be used in North of England but here a "half and half" is a small whisky and a half pint of beer).
A wee nip.
The standard prescription for those under the weather is a hot toddy - could be a dram in hot milk, coffee, with honey and hot water.
Unless anything else is specified whatever expression is used for measure it is assumed that the drink is whisky (and, of course, whisky always means Scotch anything else requiring delineation.

A small glass or measure of your favourite spirit (whiskey,gin or rum etc. ) Helps with a cold or flu , kills some of the germs!! ;) ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me dick.

Sorry John. I thought tot was a regular word for a slug. Slug of your favourite drink that is.

Back