Who he?

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Found this photo last night while reminiscing among my old pics. It was taken at the local nursery 16 years ago. I recognize the woman, I should do, it's my wife. The geezer with her, who is he? Something seems to be blooming there and it ain't the plants. I know him, it's thingybob from that gardening whatsit and has letters after his name, MBE. I have letters after my name. I do, I have letters after my name. Letters from the Gas Board, the Electricity Board, the council, ex-wives and other places I don't care to mention. Anyway, the guy in the pic, no prizes for recognizing him. Do you know he is now seventy years old? He looks well and I think it must be something to do with all that fertilizer he handles. I think I'll buy a couple of bags of that stuff and take a bath in it. Did you know he is also a poet and a novelist?

Attachments

• victoria and WHO 2.jpg
    victoria and WHO 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 19
Alan Titchmarsh from the gardening show! I really enjoyed what few episodes were shown over here.

Is that really Alan or some kind of prop? The lighting on him seems different than your wife or the plant he is holding.

This was taken in the days when my legs were OK. We had decided to buy a present for the nebby next door neighbour but were having difficulty finding a cactus that fired poisonous quills. We had been informed of another lethal plant, the Promptodropdeadous sweet smelling bi-annual green and black striped offshoot from a dandelion from which there was no recovery after just one sniff of its flowery fragrance. We were informed that there was an expert there who could give us ..... Heck, there's someone knocking at the door. Back later with the info about Alan.

It's strange that you should put up a picture of Alan Titchmarsh, because after the show was cancelled, I scribbled down a few ideas as to how I'd like it to go, had it run for a series of two more.
I had Alan inked in to play Travis.
I had Alvin and Stella getting together to run the Café, Howard taking a course of Hypnosis and finally manning up and kicking Pearl out, Pearl and Travis setting up home together and Eva coming back in and seducing Hobbo into something very close to marriage.

Back