Update on job situation

Just an update: I talked to the manager of one of the places I put an application in and he wants me to come in for an interview Saturday! :respect: Sure, it's a 7/11 but it's a two minute drive from my house, so I'm ok with that. And it'll be way less stressful than trying to get people to pay their bills. Plus, I'll have way more time to spend with my friends and family. I really miss having time to see my friends and family. That's one of the things that's driving me crazy about my current job. I have no time to do anything because it takes me an hour to get to work and an hour to get home, so I'm gone for 11 hours every day and I'm only getting paid for 8. And one of the people I had to deal with today told me "Go burn in hell, you b*tch" Yeah, I am going to gladly hand in my badge at the end of this month. :29:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: my goodness. Well I know you won't miss that person.

Oh, be careful at 7/11. Always worry about being held up for what ever is in the till.:eek: You are talking about gas station convienient store right? For those overseas that may not know what 7/11 is.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: my goodness. Well I know you won't miss that person.

Oh, be careful at 7/11. Always worry about being held up for what ever is in the till.:eek: You are talking about gas station convienient store right? For those overseas that may not know what 7/11 is.

Yep, the gas station! LOL My sister actually use to work there and my cousin still does, so I already know a lot about what goes on there. Plus Calhoun Falls has a pretty low crime rate. (Think of Mayberry from "The Andy Griffith Show") The crime rate is higher than it use to be, but it's still low enough for me to feel pretty safe about working at the 7/11 here. Plus, my parents taught me how to use just about anything as a weapon if I have to. Thank goodness I have military parents! LOL Anyway, I'm gonna smoke a cigarette and then hit the bed. Gotta get ripped to shreds by people who don't wanna pay their bills tomorrow. :41::yawn:

Yes, an hours commute can be a bear. I used to take one bus and two subway trains to get to work. Plus the company was dicey on one train. Totally understand. The 7/11 sounds much better.

Well, I got yelled at by someone with a Jamaican accent today. That was really weird because I almost wanted to laugh! LOL But I had a really good call also. It was an older woman and she was really nice. She said "I know I owe this and I will gladly pay it if you could please help me set up a payment plan." So I said "Sure, that's what I'm here for." and I ended up helping her set up a payment plan that she could afford. And while I was finishing up some notes on her account, she was like "How can I ever thank you for this, sweet heart?" and I was like "No need to thank me, just make sure I don't have to call you again." I really liked talking to her and I kind of wished we could have stayed on the phone longer because it kept me from having to talk to a rude person. Most of the time, I deal with people who are just horrible, so when I get someone like her, someone willing to pay their bills, I try to take a little longer than I'm supposed to getting their account pulled up and notating it and stuff like that because I want to stay on the phone with them. Anyway, I'm so excited about my interview tomorrow! LOL If 7/11 decides to hire me, I'm going to be so happy! And if they don't, I still have applications I haven't checked on. And my old boss wants me back, so there's always that. But I'm letting that be a last resort because if he really wants me back, he's going to have to give me more hours than I was getting before I left.

I still have applications I haven't checked on. And my old boss wants me back, so there's always that. But I'm letting that be a last resort because if he really wants me back, he's going to have to give me more hours than I was getting before I left.

You could write your own contract, just make sure he signs it :16:

Glad to hear that is a safe place for you to work if you decided to go to 7/11. So your parents are in which branch of the military?

Glad to hear that is a safe place for you to work if you decided to go to 7/11. So your parents are in which branch of the military?

Actually, they're ex military. LOL My dad was in the Marines and my mom was in the Air Force. They enlisted right after high school and I don't feel like doing the math to tell you how long they were in, but they left on honorable discharge in the early '80s (I can't remember the exact years, I'll have to ask). And then, in the early '90s, they met and had me and then got married and lived happily ever after! LOL

And here's another update: The guy at 7/11 offered me the job, but I told him I'd think about it and I couldn't give him a definite answer yet. I said that because I was having breakfast with my mom that morning, and she told me about a position that had opened up at a bank about 10 minutes from my house. I submitted my resume and I'm going to check on that Wednesday, so I may end up working there instead of at 7/11. I've also got some other applications I need to check on, so I've got lots of options. It's just a matter of which one is least likely to make me want to kill people. LOL

Generally, anyone in the military retires after 20 years. Get the best job you can.

They were in their 30s when I was born so I don't think they stayed in that long. They left on honorable discharge. I'll have to dig up some pictures they showed me of them in their uniforms and stuff like that because I think they looked really cool. I can probably post them from my phone. Anyway, about my job situation. I quit. I don't have bills to pay, so it's not like I have to have a job right now. I was saving up to get my cousin's car but he said he'd hold on to it until I have the money for it so no worries there. I'm gonna take a couple of days to regroup and then go check on all my applications and I'll have a new job soon.

small chain of gas station/grocery store. On almost every corner.

7/11's have been around since the 1960's and were originally called 7/11's because they opened at 7:00 am and closed at 11:00 pm at night. They usually had a case full of sodas outside in front and in addition to the sodas, they carried snack-type foods. They also sold roses made out of wood. Since then, they moved to being open 24/7 and have since moved the sodas to refrigerated cases in the back. They also cater to the morning commuter trade with hot fresh coffee, donuts and pastries. There have been reports of clerks being assaulted in the wee hours of night in dicey neighborhoods.

7/11's have been around since the 1960's and were originally called 7/11's because they opened at 7:00 am and closed at 11:00 pm at night. They usually had a case full of sodas outside in front and in addition to the sodas, they carried snack-type foods. They also sold roses made out of wood. Since then, they moved to being open 24/7 and have since moved the sodas to refrigerated cases in the back. They also cater to the morning commuter trade with hot fresh coffee, donuts and pastries. There have been reports of clerks being assaulted in the wee hours of night in dicey neighborhoods.

Thanks for the explanation -

Well I didn't know the history of 7/11 but yeah that's the basic explanation! Lol So another update on my job situation, my parents say I should give myself a little time before I take another job because going from a high stress job straight into another one might not be a good idea. So I'm basically taking a little vacation from everything and spending time with my friends and family. I really missed spending time with Joey and doing crazy stuff while drinking Starbucks! Lol But I'm gonna start back looking for a job as soon as I feel ready. :)

Back