True UK food?

So, how much are Bounty bars there?

Our regular candy bars (Snickers/ Hershey) here run around $1.00 at a Walmart, but at a gas station/ convenience store $1.39ish.
I didn't think $1.65 was all that bad for an authentic UK treat :)

Darin, check out the ingredients. UK don't put in a lot of preservatives. I have compared several items. :16:

Hi Darin,noticedthat over here there are whole shops dedicated to American imports,mostly chocolate bars,sweets,and cereal,there are two shops in the local Meadowhall shopping centre,and the prices are really high,went to Edinburgh last week,and called in to the local Hearts shop (Hearts of Midlothian Football Club) that's been there years,I always call in whenever I visit,and was surprised to see that its now an American Candy Store,selling just USA goodies that you can't normally get here,one of my favourite comedian characters,John Shuttleworth (going to see him live in ten days at Buxton Opera House),does a song about his disgust about the removal of the cardboard tray from the Bounty bar,and in his last tour,he was delighted to produce a Mound bar,which he said they sell in America,and was chuffed that they still have the cardboard tray,
Enjoy a Summerwine with a Yorkshire Tea and Rich Tea biscuit,
Pete x

I think we here in the states have gone a bit nutty with
our candy bars.

Remember when there was only one (countem 1) Snickers bar?
(Along with Mars and Forever Yours??) Well for Halloween, to
give out to kids, I bought some bags of assorted chocolate
bars. Gottem home, and guess what? There were about 5 or 6
different kinds of Snickers -- that's right, they were all Snickers
bars! There were peanut butter Snickers, Almond Snickers,
etc.

Hi Darin,noticedthat over here there are whole shops dedicated to American imports,mostly chocolate bars,sweets,and cereal,there are two shops in the local Meadowhall shopping centre,and the prices are really high,went to Edinburgh last week,and called in to the local Hearts shop (Hearts of Midlothian Football Club) that's been there years,I always call in whenever I visit,and was surprised to see that its now an American Candy Store,selling just USA goodies that you can't normally get here,one of my favourite comedian characters,John Shuttleworth (going to see him live in ten days at Buxton Opera House),does a song about his disgust about the removal of the cardboard tray from the Bounty bar,and in his last tour,he was delighted to produce a Mound bar,which he said they sell in America,and was chuffed that they still have the cardboard tray,
Enjoy a Summerwine with a Yorkshire Tea and Rich Tea biscuit,
Pete x

Hi Pete, We also have stores dedicated to just candy. I have found them in our shopping malls mainly. We have Mounds bars and Almond Joy bars( just a Mounds with an almond on top) and if I remember right they do have the cardboard bottom.
As chuck was saying in a post here, we have whole supermarket rows dedicated to candy. Sooo many different types of candy bars (a lot of the same bars with just different ingredients) , gums, pop in your mouth type stuff (skiddles). Sometimes even 2 rows in some bigger stores.
Also (what I believe you guys call crisps) potato chips and carbonated sodas, lots of rows for that stuff in the bigger stores as well.
And do get me started on cookies!! :)

Take care Darin

Back