True UK food?

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hello All,
I went to my local grocery store and noticed a UK flag stuck to one of the shelves. Obviously it caught my attention. So, they have a UK section now.
I purchased some Yorkshire Tea, a sleeve of Rich tea biscuits, and a Bounty bar.
Are these real items that you see in your grocery stores or we being put on by some shifty people?
Don't mean to sound so negative, just curious.
Wesley

Attachments

• brit1.jpg
    brit1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 17
  • brit2.jpg
    brit2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 17
  • brit3.jpg
    brit3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
  • brit4.jpg
    brit4.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 16
Hello All,

Are these real items that you see in your grocery stores or we being put on by some shifty people?
Wesley

All looks fine to me. Not totally sure about the biscuits, Burton's is not a brand I recognise but biscuits (cookies) look authentic. And the batter and Yorkshire Pudding mixes - don't recognise the 'Original' brand. But might not be readily available in Scotland.

Not sure of your precise location but food stores in areas frequented by UK visitors did tend to stock UK brands.

Yes all legit, the biscuits are lovely dunked in tea and I loooooooove Bounties :hungry:

Hello All,
I went to my local grocery store and noticed a UK flag stuck to one of the shelves. Obviously it caught my attention. So, they have a UK section now.
I purchased some Yorkshire Tea, a sleeve of Rich tea biscuits, and a Bounty bar.
Wesley

We always buy Yorkshire tea,but the cost looks high over there,to be expected I suppose being a import

From the Wiki page;
"In the United Kingdom Wagon Wheels are produced and distributed by Burton's Foods who separated from the Weston family connection when they were sold out of Associated British Foods in 2000."

But are we not talking about originally? Yes, Burtons would appear to be producing them now. But also from Wiki, :
'Wagon Wheels were created by Garry Weston, son of W. Garfield Weston. Garry Weston worked for his father's business in Australia before taking over his family's business in England. The biscuits were launched at the 1948 Olympia Food Fair. The name (originally "Weston Wagon Wheels") capitalized on the Wild West, which was popular in mass media at the time.

Tracking down who owns most of the products sold in the UK these days is a dark art,just a quick look on wiki shows although it has a long term British name the company is now owned by a oversea's business

As I was looking at the UK food section and (probably more oddly looking) taking pictures to show all of you, A gentleman from Yorkshire came up to me (very thick accent, it took me a minute to process) and said to try the Yorkshire tea. He said he was from Yorkshire and he also bought a Bounty bar.
He was in a hurry, but he did say he loves LOTSW.
Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Flippin eck...... Just noticed the price of the Bounty bars :39:

So, how much are Bounty bars there?

Our regular candy bars (Snickers/ Hershey) here run around $1.00 at a Walmart, but at a gas station/ convenience store $1.39ish.
I didn't think $1.65 was all that bad for an authentic UK treat :)

Back