Tour de France

chris

Dedicated Member
Tommorrow 6th July the Tour is passing through Holmffirth on the way to Sheffield so watch Eurosport for some views between 2.30pm and 15.00 hours the passage will take place after Huddersfield and the 15.00 time is when they go up Holme Moss.

Tommorrow 6th July the Tour is passing through Holmffirth on the way to Sheffield so watch Eurosport for some views between 2.30pm and 15.00 hours the passage will take place after Huddersfield and the 15.00 time is when they go up Holme Moss.

I was worn out with the bike ride today,and that was just watching them
The bit that will interest me is the ride up from Cragg Vale which has the longest continuous gradient in England,rises over 950 feet in 5 miles,lets hope the spectators don't get in their way when they go up there,it is narrow in places

They will be here in Cambridge tomorrow ... 37 schools closed! departments at Addenbrooke's closed ... yikes ... also there are no buses so I will need to walk 2.6 miles to work ... why oh why could they not have gone through another town? I know it is a world watched event but this is Cambridge ... we do not need any publicity ...

They will be here in Cambridge tomorrow ... 37 schools closed! departments at Addenbrooke's closed ... yikes ... also there are no buses so I will need to walk 2.6 miles to work ... why oh why could they not have gone through another town? I know it is a world watched event but this is Cambridge ... we do not need any publicity ...

In the name of sport anything can happen,yesterday on stage 1 the reporter said roadwork crews were out all night resurfacing sections of roads,yet ask for a pot hole to be filled in and the council will tell you they have no money

In the name of sport anything can happen,yesterday on stage 1 the reporter said roadwork crews were out all night resurfacing sections of roads,yet ask for a pot hole to be filled in and the council will tell you they have no money

:respect::respect:
:02::02::13::13::unhappy::(:02::mad::mad:,shows their priorities doesn't it!:02::rolleyes: Funny we have the same issues so many miles apart!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the tour today and so did a few million others bet there will be a great many more people from all over the world now thinking that Yorkshire is worth a visit.Cambridge tomorrow should be used to bad traffic the last time I went there (two years ago) it was chaos so why not go and watch the passing of the worlds greatest sporting event its free to watch .Just ordered some LOTSW on Amazon so plenty to watch now.Oh by the way we are lucky with pot hole filling a quick phone call and its filled.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Crikey. We hardly saw anything of Holmfirth. It was diffulcult to keep up with. The ITV commentators didn't seem to know where they were most of the time. The Climb up Holme Moss was spectacular with the amount of people up there. The web cam was quite busy yesterday with lots of people milling around the Café. I am off to London Today for Stage 3.

Crikey. We hardly saw anything of Holmfirth. It was diffulcult to keep up with. The ITV commentators didn't seem to know where they were most of the time. The Climb up Holme Moss was spectacular with the amount of people up there. The web cam was quite busy yesterday with lots of people milling around the Café. I am off to London Today for Stage 3.

Don't forget your cycle clips and enjoy stage 3

I felt the same way Amos. The Tour went through Huddersfield, Holmfirth, and Holme so quickly it was difficult to see anything. Our US coverage did give LOTSW a plug as they were approaching Holmfirth.

Not too long after the Tour went thru Holmfirth, it started
to rain really hard and the web cam square went vacant for
some time! But the rain appeared not to have caught the race.

Some time later the web cam was again full of folks as the
rain had passed.

During the commentary by the terrible ITV commentators they called Summerwine a long running SOAP.!!!!!. Do your research ITV. A soap indeed.

During the commentary by the terrible ITV commentators they called Summerwine a long running SOAP.!!!!!. Do your research ITV. A soap indeed.

quite ... buffoon ...

interesting to think what Compo would have thought of it ... he would of course wished to be /made himself part of if ... I am sitting here smiling just thinking of the possibilities ...

Yes I heard that comment amos,they should be taken out and shot at dawn,I thought the commentary in general was pretty poor,they had done their homework on the sport itself,but knew little or nothing about much of the area the race was going though,they were calling Haworth Harworth and did not know it was a different place

I'm glad I'm not he only one who noticed how bad the commentators were. They didn't even mention the Bronte sisters in Haworth until they left and then they got that wrong saying Emily and Charlotte were buried in the churchyard where in fact they are buried in a Crypt inside the church. I saw it last year. ITV need to do a little more homework on these events. Eurosport were not much better either.

The NBC commentators were much better. So sad that that dude had to wipe out on his hometown street of all places.

I wish we could have decent commentators on sport events. I miss the days of Murray Walker on the Formula 1.

I'm glad I'm not he only one who noticed how bad the commentators were. They didn't even mention the Bronte sisters in Haworth until they left and then they got that wrong saying Emily and Charlotte were buried in the churchyard where in fact they are buried in a Crypt inside the church. I saw it last year. ITV need to do a little more homework on these events. Eurosport were not much better either.

At least they used the term "churchyard" rather than the common but incorrect graveyard for the area with graves beside a church.

[MENTION=14]barmpot[/MENTION],Rod I heard that Keighley town was skipped on the TV due to someone writing rude words on the roads,have you heard anything about this,Terry

[MENTION=14]barmpot[/MENTION],Rod I heard that Keighley town was skipped on the TV due to someone writing rude words on the roads,have you heard anything about this,Terry

Yes I had heard that - waiting to see what Keighley News makes of it. Have not found anything on internet but what overheard in the street was it was on a building not the road.

On the up side, I saw some cute, interesting messages written by farmers in their fields. Considering that they did not have a helicopter; they managed to plot out and execute their messages quite successfully.

Back