Tomorrow

Move country maybe an option

If only it were that easy! :unhappy:

Folks who aren't there for a job, or for school, or who don't qualify as refugees, or who don't have at least a million pounds to invest in the British economy may stay only six months of every twelve. Unfortunately, the British government rescinded the "resident alien" category for retirees of independent means, ostensibly because it wasn't being used very much. The required income was only £25,000 per year — within reach for some American retirees. Of course, that income level would have had to increase to compensate for inflation, but probably would still have been possible.

Marianna

Well a week has gone past since I had the new internet connection and so far I am very impressed,it has not flinched during very wet and windy weather,the several emails I have sent to tech support have been replied to in a couple of hours at all times of the day with some being late in the evening, it has now settled in to a decent 21Mbits down and 9Mbits up on average,so I am very happy, I see they now cover a corridor from Navenby in Lincolnshire to York with parts of Doncaster and Rotherham also covered, I suspect they might head further north to cover parts of North Yorkshire.
Long may it last

Terry

Well a week has gone past since I had the new internet connection and so far I am very impressed,it has not flinched during very wet and windy weather,the several emails I have sent to tech support have been replied to in a couple of hours at all times of the day with some being late in the evening, it has now settled in to a decent 21Mbits down and 9Mbits up on average,so I am very happy, I see they now cover a corridor from Navenby in Lincolnshire to York with parts of Doncaster and Rotherham also covered, I suspect they might head further north to cover parts of North Yorkshire.
Long may it last

Terry

I am re-reading all this with great interest as my own home broadband has had a lot of trouble lately and I make little use of the landline nor the TV in the overall package. I am considering changing as Freeview would give me sufficient channels (I have the right aerial connected).

I also want to look at the wifi aspect of my mobile: my Mother's bungalow is wifi free and poor on mobile signal too. Had hoped to post on way down but the East Coast wifi did not work well on mobile: so may change to make greater use of mobile (due for upgrade in several months) and keep my connectivity in better shape. Also on return although outside the period of first use, would not let me have another free 15 minutes - less than impressed!

Back