The changing face of.........SOCIETY.

That's annoying too, people having conversations by text when they are in the same room as each other. What is just as bad is when they see something good online, then text or email it over to the other person, instead of passing the actual phone over for them to look at. Unless the other person wants a copy for themselves though.
A women I worked with years ago had a daughter and her friend sitting at either end of a table texting each other instead of talking. Then her daughter complained that she had run out of money.

Recall a TV show where a couple had corresponded online, they met for a date didn't know what to say to each other then took their laptop's out and spoke to each other on them . My memory disk has a sector track error , the automatic repair function isn't work whilst its track 29 should I really give it some time ??? I am sure a manual fix will come from one of the members and tell me the show and stars , thanks in advance.

People should chuck away their fancy mobile phones, and be happy with a Shinyglow mug.
Could not agree more,the world would be a happier place if we all had Shinyglow mugs instead of smartphones,you could have an actual conversation with someone while holding your mug full of strong piping hot Yorkshire tea,instead of silently looking down at your phone.
I think the Shinyglow mug ought to be the official mug of this site,we all ought to own one.
Down with smartphones up the Shinyglow mugs !

message sent from Apple iPhone 6.

Memory disc sector track has self repaired . It was Drop the Dead Donkey where Gus Hedges meets Jane [played by the brilliant Susie Blake] so they meet in a restaurant and after awkward silence opt to talk on their laptops to each other at the table. If I recall she constantly stalks him post the dinner date.

Instead of texting when out in public, I'm likely to be reading my current novel on my phone. The phone fits in my pocket, the Kindle Fire 7 doesn't. Until I've had a cochlear implant, I can't hear anything that's said to me, and until I've had cataract surgery, the speaker needs to be very close for me to read their lips, so direct human interaction consists of, "Could you face me please, as I am deaf?"

Last edited:
Husband uses hearing aids and so he had to go to Costco to get a complete retest on his hearing as the hearing aids didn't seem to be working as well. Well we had to remake that appointment several times so he finally got there, got the hearing test, and got his hearing aids updated. Then he took a nap without removing his hearing aids (a no no) and a part got stuck in his ear, so he had to go to the ENT doc to get the part removed and then back to Costco to get the part replaced. And yet, sometimes I still have to shout directly into his ear.

I have just been reading through my Christmas post stories, and has I read through
Episode 3
WHAT THE DICKENS IS OLD YELLOW EYES DOING BACK ? I realised what you said in your thread. Our trio sat in the parlour having a conversation on Boxing day during a power cut. Something that families and friends do not do anymore. These days you cannot even have a conversation at the supermarket check out.

KAPOW KABOOM SHINE and GLOW
Could not agree more,the world would be a happier place if we all had Shinyglow mugs instead of smartphones,you could have an actual conversation with someone while holding your mug full of strong piping hot Yorkshire tea,instead of silently looking down at your phone.
I think the Shinyglow mug ought to be the official mug of this site,we all ought to own one.
Down with smartphones up the Shinyglow mugs !

message sent from Apple iPhone 6.

Have things changed so much ?? I get really really annoyed :mad::02: when people put themselves first in conversations if they talk about multiple people . When did " Me and John" or "Me and Jane" become the norm. I was taught it should be "... and I" so "John and I" or "Jane and I" . Have I been asleep for years and things changed is it now taught to pupils that it is fine to put yourself first in a multiple person conversation. Please tell me my despair is warranted. :20:

Have things changed so much ?? I get really really annoyed :mad::02: when people put themselves first in conversations if they talk about multiple people . When did " Me and John" or "Me and Jane" become the norm. I was taught it should be "... and I" so "John and I" or "Jane and I" . Have I been asleep for years and things changed is it now taught to pupils that it is fine to put yourself first in a multiple person conversation. Please tell me my despair is warranted. :20:
Totally warranted! Drives me potty to but I'm also aware of becoming the grammar police. The word that drives me insane is " shooken " :02: and don't get me started on there, their and they're!

I’m with you both on this one, the grammar used by some BBC presenters is dreadful and influences how their audience speak. When anyone picks them up on this they’re shot down immediately for not embracing different cultural dialects. Since when has not pronouncing ‘t’ in the middle of a word been a cultural issue?

I have been thinking.......what was the main thing that attracted us all to "our show" ?.......it was the dialogue between 3 old friends....sometimes aimless dialogue....sometimes thought provoking dialogue.....but dialogue never the less.......it was about long lasting friendships...about camarderie....about adventures....about always being there for each other................and now I move to the present.......I have just stepped off a bus that was full to the brim......I was the ONLY person not looking at a phone.....no one was talking.....in fact 2 people sitting opposite each other were texting each other !!!....what worries me is that in the very near future there will be no interviews for jobs,no converstions at bus stops or at train stations,no laughter in pubs.....simply because the younger generation cannot look someone in the eye and converse !!......how I long for the days when 3 old friends would stroll around TALKING,LAUGHING,SHARING,CARING,AND ENJOYING THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE........
All my love to each and every "Summerwine Family Member".
Keith.
X!.
I can't disagree with anything you said. Ironically though we are using the internet to discuss this which is directly the root of all these technologies. People of all ages have embraced Social Media and it is precisely this, this apple in Eden that has dragged many into pointless Social Media madness. The actual tool is amazing but like many, many, many things from alcohol to the motor car it has become abused and exploited in the name of profit and gain.

Back