My Favourite cake or cakes

I like Devil's Food with Chocolate Frosting and I do like Yellow cake with Chocolate Frosting as well. When I was little I really only like spice cake with powdered sugar on top!

I like Devil's Food with Chocolate Frosting and I do like Yellow cake with Chocolate Frosting as well. When I was little I really only like spice cake with powdered sugar on top!

I don't like packet cakes. It has to be home made for me. If I had to eat a packet cake it would only be a "pound cake". It doesn't taste to fake...

Recipe for no bake cake.

4oz butter
8oz plain chocolate chopped
4 table spoons golden syrup
8oz crushed biscuits
2oz glace cherries chopped
2oz dates chopped
2oz desiccated coconut

Method

Melt butter, chocolate, and syrup in a saucepan
Stir in all other ingredients
Spoon into greased shallow cake tin
Press down firmly
When cold put into fridge to set. When set cut into squares.

Amos thanks so very much for the recipe and I promise I will do it. I would send you a square if I could. But i had to omit the coconut. I really don't like it. I hate it. So instead I will add crushed walnuts or almonds. Thanks again.

Recipe for no bake cake.

4oz butter
8oz plain chocolate chopped
4 table spoons golden syrup
8oz crushed biscuits
2oz glace cherries chopped
2oz dates chopped
2oz desiccated coconut

Method

Melt butter, chocolate, and syrup in a saucepan
Stir in all other ingredients
Spoon into greased shallow cake tin
Press down firmly
When cold put into fridge to set. When set cut into squares.

Amos thanks so very much for the recipe and I promise I will do it. I would send you a square if I could. But i had to omit the coconut. I really don't like it. I hate it. So instead I will add crushed walnuts or almonds. Thanks again.

It was a pleasure. Enjoy the cake.

Yellow cake here is a box cake, but not lemon. Less vanilla tasting then a white cake. Used to be much popular, but less so now. Have to admit though, would much prefer a crisp Chocolate Chip Cookie though, my fave snack!

I have never heard of no bake cake. What is that? My grammar use to make no bake cookies. Is that the same?

Thank you Dick! I didn't realize their was more than one page. I was thinking that my replies weren't posting. My 12 year old showed me where my post was. How humiliating. ::)

I wonder if Compo tried my recipe for No bake chocolate cake.

Amos, no I haven't tried it yet. Have been a bit busy. I bought the stuff required for it just didn't get around to it. I wrote it in my reciepe book. But I will do it.... Thanks.

Back