My Favourite cake or cakes

C

Compo

In replying to another post an idea came to my mind about different cakes. Hard to think of a favourite. I love plain cakes the most. But I wouldn't say no to Date and Walnut cake. But please not Chocolate cake.

What are your favourite cake or cakes????? We won't discuss calories today..

Sorry chocolate cake is number 1 ;D
2 Walnut
3 Cheese
4 Fruit
5 lemon
6............ Well you get the picture ;D
Anything except coffer, thats just wrong!!! :-X

My auntie made a rhubarb and fruit cake last year and it was delicious ;D ;D

Definitely cheesecake, but unable to eat it because of bl**dy medical condition :(
(anything dairy is OUT!)

Vanilla Slice ? - I sincerely hope you've never had a case of "Oh look, it's just a piece of Vanilla Slice !"

The appetite for cake has increased. Put the kettle on please. Cheese cake sound good but it has to be eaten cold. Love a slice of lemon cake. But not the packet kind, it has to be home made. It has been ages since I had vanilla slice. Love that. I don't like the half moon cakes if it has that fake filling (frosting).

I love lemon cake too. And banana cake. anyone got a reliable recipe for a moist banana cake?

My lovely wife made a lemon cake yesterday and we finnished it tonight ,they dont last long in our house! Chocolate cake is brilliant but I like a good friut cake ,also I have found a genuine Eccles cake made in Ardwick and available at my favourite local deli/coffee shop.

Carrot cake, with lots of pecans and cream cheese frosting. Red velvet is nice too.

Amos can you please tell me the recipe for the no bake chocolate cake. Because our hot summers here make you want to keep away from the oven. I prefer cold meals if possible.

Recipe for no bake cake.

4oz butter
8oz plain chocolate chopped
4 table spoons golden syrup
8oz crushed biscuits
2oz glace cherries chopped
2oz dates chopped
2oz desiccated coconut

Method

Melt butter, chocolate, and syrup in a saucepan
Stir in all other ingredients
Spoon into greased shallow cake tin
Press down firmly
When cold put into fridge to set. When set cut into squares.

Back