Locations...

Last night on GoogleEarth I found the building that was used as the pub where Howard, Truly, Compo and Clegg follow Pearl and the ladies in "Howard Throws a Wobbler". It's the building where Longley Edge Lane and Dyson Lane meet in either Snittlegate or Hade Edge.

snag2.jpg

From "The Flag and Its Snags"

What I can't figure out, those of you near Holmfirth might be able to tell better. Is that Holme Moss or the Emily Moor Tower? I've been looking at these two spots on GoogleEarth and I'm leaning towards it being Holme Moss in the distance.

Thanks to GoogleEarth and some using of photoshop to make a panorama picture of the scene. I believe I have found Willis' farm. It's north of Thurstonland and that tower/transmitter is Emley Moor. I have compared the tree growth, the dry wall placements not only for the horses but in the background and I have also spotted the two buildings in the background between the horses and the tower.

snag2.jpg

From "The Flag and Its Snags"

What I can't figure out, those of you near Holmfirth might be able to tell better. Is that Holme Moss or the Emily Moor Tower? I've been looking at these two spots on GoogleEarth and I'm leaning towards it being Holme Moss in the distance.

Thanks to GoogleEarth and some using of photoshop to make a panorama picture of the scene. I believe I have found Willis' farm. It's north of Thurstonland and that tower/transmitter is Emley Moor. I have compared the tree growth, the dry wall placements not only for the horses but in the background and I have also spotted the two buildings in the background between the horses and the tower.

There is also the Holme Moss transmitter up there, I shall check out the episode and see if I can identify it better for you :)

There is also the Holme Moss transmitter up there, I shall check out the episode and see if I can identify it better for you :)
[/quote]

Much appreciated, but in the last post I made on this. I have indeed found the location. It is north of Thurstonland, on Green Side Road. That tower you see isn't Holme Moss, you have no idea how many times I compared it and looked at it at all angles. The tower is Emley Moor.

I'm a big fan of First of the Summer Wine and was wondering where the Co-op shop was.I think it's a post office now.I remember Compo(Bill Owen) lying on the ground outside of it waiting for Nora in I think Extra,extra.

I'm a big fan of First of the Summer Wine and was wondering where the Co-op shop was.I think it's a post office now.I remember Compo(Bill Owen) lying on the ground outside of it waiting for Nora in I think Extra,extra.

Hi George
It is in Netherthong, if you check my map out on the main site it is marked,Terry

Looking around where the trio meet up with Mr. Lucy in the episode The Pony Set, which is Armitage Road in Milnsbridge I stumbled upon another filming location for the show. From the episode "Roll On" where the trio are blindly wandering around wearing the oil canisters. They pass by the Mill on Tanyard Road in Milnsbridge. I don't know the name of this mill. All this time I've been looking in the usual locations - New Mill, Marsden, Slaithwaite and find out that it was in Milnsbridge.

EDIT: It's Crowthers Mill

Found another location. The opening to "A Quiet Drink" where Blamire, Clegg and Compo are walking to the pub. They are walking down Fulstone Road just south of Stocksmoor. In fact, when the show starts Stocks Road just makes it off screen to the left.

To lighten the mood.... yet AGAIN... ::) I did some reviewing of the episode "The Frozen Turkey Man" and found the scenes for when they were searching for the Treacle tin and the scene where Compo rides the two scooters down the road.

The scene where they search for the Treacle tin is the field at Occupation Lane south of Thurstonland.

The scene where Compo rides the two scooters is Cold Hill Lane in Thurstonland just before it meets up with Occupation Lane.

I haven't figured out where the pub is that they filmed the trio running away from is. Though that pathway does look like it's behind the church/cafe in Holmfirth.

To lighten the mood.... yet AGAIN... ::) I did some reviewing of the episode "The Frozen Turkey Man" and found the scenes for when they were searching for the Treacle tin and the scene where Compo rides the two scooters down the road.

The scene where they search for the Treacle tin is the field at Occupation Lane south of Thurstonland.

The scene where Compo rides the two scooters is Cold Hill Lane in Thurstonland just before it meets up with Occupation Lane.

I haven't figured out where the pub is that they filmed the trio running away from is. Though that pathway does look like it's behind the church/cafe in Holmfirth.

Gotta love the streetview on Google Earth. The outside scene at the pub is at the Elephant and Castle. Just across the river from Nora's house.

Back