Locations...

MST3Claye

Dedicated Member
Great job with the locations map. Here's a list of locations posted from the LotSW yahoo group..

The trio crossed this bridge in The Flag and Further Snags to meet up

with a fellow service man Foggy knew that had a boat in the canal.

This section of the canal is called Kirklees Cut and it's north of
Bradley. #

"Northern Flying Circus" - Pub/car park where Compo rides his new motor bike.
Lockwood Road, opposite St. Stephen's Road, Lockwood, Huddersfield

Edie and Wesley's Cottage - Spring Lane, Holmbridge.

Wesley's Shed - Top end of Spring Lane, Holmbridge.

"The Experiment" - Ending where Seymour is hanging upside down -
Alley behind Wesley and Wesley's cottage, Dobb Lane, Holmbridge.

Eli kisses the policeman - corner Dobb Lane and Woodhead Road, Holmbridge.

"The Thing in Wesley's Shed" Compo drives car into the pond - Builder's yard in valley off Woodhead Road, opposite Modd Lane. Same location used where Seymour plays cricket with Compo and Clegg.

"Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder" - Digley Reservoir. Barn where Compo jumps off - White Walls Lane and Acres Lane.

"Treasure of the Deep" and other episodes - Standege Tunnel Canal Centre, Marsden.

Auntie Wainwright's Shop - Oliver Lane, Marsden.

"Howard's Clandestine Trackbike" - Scene in pub car park on Chain Road, near Slaithwaite.

The clothes shop, "Blackburns", that appears in Summer Wine a few times is in the centre of Slaithwaite

"Three Men and a Mangle" - viaduct scene - Thornton Viaduct,

Howard and Clegg's - Hill Street, Jackson Bridge.

Butcher's Arms pub (location of several scenes in various episodes) - Town Gate, Hepworth.

Lake and bridge in "Truly in a Hole" also in Of Passion and Pizza - Jackson Bridge, Sheffield Road.

-----

Here's a few that I've also found....

Waterfall seen in later Foggy episode openings and in "Adopted By A Stray" - Waterfall south of Marsden on Wessenden Road near Wessenden Reservoir. South of Pennine Way path. Three waterfalls in that area, the one filmed is the middle one.

Marina's House - from "Stop that Bath" and another ep where Smiler delivers a coffee table - Gate Foot Lane, New Mill between Marsh Lane and The Gully

Pub in "Roll On" - Building on Ebson House Ln, New Mill where it meets up with Acre Lane and Long Close Lane. (Pub isn't there anymore)

Abandoned House in "A Clean Sweep" - First House on left/west going North on White Ley Bank, New Mill before you reach Fullstone Hall Lane

Shop in "Tight Jeans and Metal Detector" and Foggy planning Dog Walking Scheme in "Odd Dog Men" - Corner of Co-Op Lane and Water Street, Holmfirth

"Some Adventures of the Inventor of the Mother Stitch" - Tom and Auntie Wainwright getting pulled over by the PCs/Hobbo getting pulled over - Reddisher Road, Marsden - across the tracks from High Lea.

"Empire Foggy Nearly Built" - Scene where Foggy and Wesley get customers to follow Clegg - Market Place, Marsden at Oliver Lane.

"Empire Foggy Nearly Built" - Tunnel Clegg rides bicycle under - Fall Lane, Marsden tunnel under Manchester Road

"Odd Dog Men" - Home of the dog that chases the trio - Cartworth Road, Holmfirth - Last house on the right before it splits into Cartworth Bank Road and Lamma Well Road.

"Sweet Smell of Excess" - Compo stuck in bedframe springs rolling down the street - Chapel Bank, Jackson Bridge where it meets up with Hepworth Road

"Sweet Smell of Excess" - Compo falls in sewers. - Hepworth Road, Jackson Bridge before it becomes Butt Lane

"Merry Heatwave" - House where Compo gets armful of Holly - Cartworth Road, Holmfirth across from car park between Royd Mount and Ward Bank Road.

"Isometrics and After" - Trio riding horses down road - Cartworth Bank Road, Holmfirth before it meets up with Lamma Well Road to become Cartworth Road

"Isometrics and After" - Trio riding horses interrupting cricket game - Soccer field on Digley Road/Woodhead Road, Holmfirth

"Art of Concealment" - Compo walking down road adjusting Wally's pants he's wearing - Scar Hole Lane, Jackson Bridge

"Art of Concealment" - Scene where it starts "raining" on the trio. - driveway on Scar Hole Lane, Jackson Bridge just down the road from previous location.

"Happy Birthday Howard" - Trio meets up with Howard to give him the Panda. - Golcar.. Middle of unknown road connecting Church Street/Handel Street at Manor Road and Carr Top Lane. Where Manor Road meets up at Church Street and where Carr Top Lane meets up with Handel Street is where this road is located. (sorry, not sure how else to describe it)

-------

A few I'd like to find out where they were filmed.

"Quick, Quick, Slow" - Trio having a drink with Wesley. I'm thinking it might be Manchester Road in Slaithwaite.

"Sweet Smell of Excess" - Foggy and Clegg meet up with Wesley.

I cannot quite work out the pub name that is visible behind Wesley when they meet in "sweet smell of excess" The Pub in "Quick Quick Slow" I am pretty sure that was the Hare & Hounds at the lower end of Mount Road in Marsden, now a private house
Terry

Looking at GoogleEarth. I believe you are correct about the Hare & Hound. Also, I stumbled across the pub in Sweet Smell of Excess. The pub is The Swan in Slaithwaite on Crimble Bank. Just checked and verified it on GoogleEarth.

Looking at GoogleEarth. I believe you are correct about the Hare & Hound. Also, I stumbled across the pub in Sweet Smell of Excess. The pub is The Swan in Slaithwaite on Crimble Bank. Just checked and verified it on GoogleEarth.

Hi Claye
Well spotted for the swan and I cannot believe how many times I have driven past it and not spotted it,so I have added it to the maps,Thanks Terry

I'd guess as many times I had scoured Slaithwaite on GoogleEarth and didn't see it. ;) Then again, I was looking for the same type of street that Compo rolls down in the bed frame. Basically two streets joining up together, which wasn't the case. Poor Compo, stuck in that bed rolling all the way from Slaithwaite to New Mill. ;D ;)

Found another one. This is the location of the Witch Doctor who's name I forgot in Dancing Feet. It's in New Mill, can't tell if that's the same shack or not. Structure seems the same, but it looks like they moved it over a bit according to the episode and where the dirt road is.

dfeet1.jpg

dfeet2.jpg

Anybody know where the Pub is that Foggy, Compo & Cleggy met Ron Moody at the beginning of "Captain Clutterbuck's Treasure" ? ???

I found that a day ago. It's to the east of Broad Carr Lane in New Mill. Also to the east of Hepworth. It's the only driveway on a stretch of road called Scaly Gate between Broad Carr Lane and Cheese Gate Nab Side on GoogleEarth. Though when I try a search for Scaly Gate, New Mill or even Scaly Gate, Jackson Bridge it sends me to a Scaly Gate north of Scholes. Just look at the pond/lake with the bridge in Jackson Bridge and the first house/building you see to the east of that is where that scene was filmed. I think like the pub in "Roll On", it was either a fake pub or not in business anymore.

Some of the photos are not showing on googlemaps??? Got a red cross for some of them?

I know that maltrab has tried looking for this location, but I figured I would put a picture of it up to see if that would help others that might be looking for it. This is the bus scene from "Getting Sam Home". I can't figure out where this is at and I've looked at most of the places I can think of that has canals and rivers.. Holmfirth, Huddersfield, Marsden, Slaithwaite. I've even looked in Keighley and Mirfield where they've filmed a few episodes. No luck..

sam.jpg

A couple more locations..

The Pub that Compo gets thrown out of in "The Last Surviving Maurice Chevalier" is currently The Tunnel End Inn in Marsden...

Also from The Flag and Further Snags..

kirklees_cut2.jpg

A part of the canal known as Kirklees Cut on the River Calder in Bradley near Wakefield Road..

snag2.jpg

From "The Flag and Its Snags"

What I can't figure out, those of you near Holmfirth might be able to tell better. Is that Holme Moss or the Emily Moor Tower? I've been looking at these two spots on GoogleEarth and I'm leaning towards it being Holme Moss in the distance.

Hi Claye

I am with you and pretty sure this is Holme Moss, this looks like they are filming in Holme itself, Terry

The location for the fish and chip van in "Getting Sam Home" looks familiar.

Was it the same location used in the episode "The Empire That Foggy Nearly Built" where Foggy directs motorists to a car park with the aid of Compo?

Could it be on opposite bank of the river from Compo and Nora's house?

However, the area was redeveloped some years ago and so will be totally different from what is seen on Google Earth.

Maybe a visit to a local library would be the only way to prove one way or another.

Jim.

I have my guesses thanks to a scene in the opening of "The Bandit from Stoke On Trent" that the scene with the bus was on New Fold where it ends, across the stream from the pub known as Jacob's Well.

As for the carpark in "The Empire That Foggy Nearly Built", I'm thinking that might be Bank Bottom Mill in Marsden. It's on the same road with the tunnel that Clegg leads the couple under. Like you said much development happens and I'm just guessing that maybe Bank Bottom Mill was run down and has since been rebuilt or renovated.

The location for the fish and chip van in "Getting Sam Home" looks familiar.

Was it the same location used in the episode "The Empire That Foggy Nearly Built" where Foggy directs motorists to a car park with the aid of Compo?

Could it be on opposite bank of the river from Compo and Nora's house?

However, the area was redeveloped some years ago and so will be totally different from what is seen on Google Earth.

Maybe a visit to a local library would be the only way to prove one way or another.

Jim.

I would tend to agree with that as many of the locations on earlier episodes didn't stray far from Holmfirth, probably due to cost considerations.

At that time, tourism and Summer Wine spotters would have been thin on the ground and less of a problem during filming.

Jim.

The "Getting Sam Home" and "The Empire Foggy Nearly Built" are the same locations and its where the co-op is, its been used numerous times in the series but cant think of the eps

Gotta love GoogleEarth and how it has 3D terrain on it. I believe I have found that stone bridge that has appeared in Series 19 and 20 and maybe future episodes (haven't gone farther than 20 right now). I can't really tell because the straight section of the creek is in the shade so I can't really tell if there's a bridge or not. The area I'm looking at is in Marsden along Waters Road near the Hey Green Hotel.

Looking at the chip van shot it looks like a canal in the top left corner so that would not be Holmfirth - possibly Marsden not far from Tunnel End: however I think a lot of redevelopment there a few years back which would, of course, explain why it was difficult to find.

Back