July 2014 ask brendalovescompo

Lovely birds Brenda :respect:

Thanks Dick, I enjoy them very much. They are great therapy. Now that I am an emptynester (kids gone to college), these are just some of my new kids. My nest is full again with 6 hens and 2 dogs!!!!! Have you ever thought of getting some more birds? I know you said before you were married , so I suppose now you are not out in the country, or able to have poultry.?

My last lot of birds were killed by urban foxes so I have not dared to try again.. They were just killed and left, not even taken away for food, .My earlier birds were when I was living with mum and dad out in the country. I would have taken precautions regarding security but was never sure where I was going to live.:-[

My last lot of birds were killed by urban foxes so I have not dared to try again.. They were just killed and left, not even taken away for food,:-[

Skunks do that also. We lost one last fall, the head was gone, carcass was left. It could have been the other birds. We didn't find any signs of break-ins.

Brenda, have you seen the very last episode? If so I will ask the same question that I asked Pearl, that is can you come up with an idea/ideas for ending the series that would have done it better justice?

Brenda, have you seen the very last episode? If so I will ask the same question that I asked Pearl, that is can you come up with an idea/ideas for ending the series that would have done it better justice?

Well hi John, Where you been all month? Glad to hear from you.

Yes I did see the last episode about a year ago, and didn't know it was the last episode until I joined this forum and found out through the list of shows and conversations on the forum.

I don't remember everything about the show, a friend of Glenda's that we do not know is getting married and everyone is going. At first I thought that this was written not knowing it was the last show, but it probably was assumed that it was because everyone is going to Glenda's friends wedding. I do not think everyone would be going to her friends wedding.

I wish they would have had a reminiscing episode, which is what I have heard before. They should have centered it on Clegg and Ivy in the cafe. The gang banging the door coming in, and Ivy going crazy and wanting them all out. I think the whole cast should have been in there for tea. Then let Clegg and Ivy start from the beginning and have the newer cast ask about specific stories that they heard about. Asking if they were true. Blamire playing the piano, Foggy being carried off by the mail lady, etc. The ending was some what of a flop. Pearl saying ," well we are all dressed up lets all go out." :yawn: That was it? Everyone looked very nice dressed up.

I suppose it is hard to please everyone when it comes to final episodes. I know in the US Seinfeld was a flop, to where MASH in the early 80's was a success!

Thank you for the question John.:D

Well hi John, Where you been all month? Glad to hear from you.

Yes I did see the last episode about a year ago, and didn't know it was the last episode until I joined this forum and found out through the list of shows and conversations on the forum.

I don't remember everything about the show, a friend of Glenda's that we do not know is getting married and everyone is going. At first I thought that this was written not knowing it was the last show, but it probably was assumed that it was because everyone is going to Glenda's friends wedding. I do not think everyone would be going to her friends wedding.

I wish they would have had a reminiscing episode, which is what I have heard before. They should have centered it on Clegg and Ivy in the cafe. The gang banging the door coming in, and Ivy going crazy and wanting them all out. I think the whole cast should have been in there for tea. Then let Clegg and Ivy start from the beginning and have the newer cast ask about specific stories that they heard about. Asking if they were true. Blamire playing the piano, Foggy being carried off by the mail lady, etc. The ending was some what of a flop. Pearl saying ," well we are all dressed up lets all go out." :yawn: That was it? Everyone looked very nice dressed up.

I suppose it is hard to please everyone when it comes to final episodes. I know in the US Seinfeld was a flop, to where MASH in the early 80's was a success!

Thank you for the question John.:D
Some good thoughts there Brenda, I like your thinking. There seemed to be so little effort put into the finale, the show, the cast, the viewers and everyone associated with it deserved so much better than they got. :mad::mad:

Some good thoughts there Brenda, I like your thinking. There seemed to be so little effort put into the finale, the show, the cast, the viewers and everyone associated with it deserved so much better than they got. :mad::mad:

Yes, especially Peter Sallis. What a career! Also Jane Freeman. They were there from the beginning. So strange to watch the newer episodes and not having Sid, Wally, Compo,Blamire . If you think about it, they all were in their 50
s and older when they started. 50! That is when some artist are hanging it up because they have "lost their looks". Just think if they had all started in their 20's and it went on for 50 years +. That would have been something.

Thank you everyone for a great month of questions and friendship. I will be on facebook soon. I will be there under Brenda Compo. I was on facebook a few years ago and had a bad experience, but I am going to give it a try and just communicate with those on the LOTSW facebook. Hope to see you there. I will have Pearl and Beth help me out with people who I do not know last names of. I will have the Compo Nora picture up there for a while until I get my external hard drive from my son so I can get some pictures off it. Or when I get my i Phone in Sept. :17:

Yes, especially Peter Sallis. What a career! Also Jane Freeman. They were there from the beginning. So strange to watch the newer episodes and not having Sid, Wally, Compo,Blamire . If you think about it, they all were in their 50
s and older when they started. 50! That is when some artist are hanging it up because they have "lost their looks". Just think if they had all started in their 20's and it went on for 50 years +. That would have been something.

Thank you everyone for a great month of questions and friendship. I will be on facebook soon. I will be there under Brenda Compo. I was on facebook a few years ago and had a bad experience, but I am going to give it a try and just communicate with those on the LOTSW facebook. Hope to see you there. I will have Pearl and Beth help me out with people who I do not know last names of. I will have the Compo Nora picture up there for a while until I get my external hard drive from my son so I can get some pictures off it. Or when I get my i Phone in Sept. :17:
Congratulations on a great month Brenda, well done:37::dance:. Hope to hook up with you on Facebook:wink:

Back